Windows 10: Stuck on Windows 10 1803 when using the Media Creation Tool. installs to 1% and then reboots

Discus and support Stuck on Windows 10 1803 when using the Media Creation Tool. installs to 1% and then reboots in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am stuck on Windows 10 1803. I use the media creation tool. It installs until 1% and then reboots and stays in Windows 10 1803.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GrenobleFrance, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Stuck on Windows 10 1803 when using the Media Creation Tool. installs to 1% and then reboots

Hello,

I am stuck on Windows 10 1803.

I use the media creation tool.

It installs until 1% and then reboots and stays in Windows 10 1803.

Thanks for your help,

:)

GrenobleFrance, Nov 14, 2018
  2. gohanman Win User

1803 Upgrade Won't Install via Media Creation Tool

I've got a PC stuck on 1511 that just refuses to install upgrades to more current versions. I'm 100% certain the hardware is supported as I have several other part-for-part identical PCs all running 1803 without issue. After a long time fighting with Windows
    Update itself trying to figure out why it won't work, I tried updating using the Media Creation Tool instead. This fails too and gives no real reason why.

This is what happens when I run setup.exe from a USB drive imaged w/ the Media Creation Tool:

1. It asks to run updates. There's a progress meter and this all seems to work fine.
    2. There's a license agreement that I accept.
    3. There's another progress meter on a purple screen. This seems to complete without any problem and the PC reboots.
    4. Now there's a blue screen with another progress meter. This runs for a while and then the PC reboots again.
    5. Finally there's a black screen that says restoring the previous version of Windows and that takes me back to 1511 again.

Is there a log somewhere that will tell me what's actually going wrong here?

gohanman, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Stuck on Windows 10 1803 when using the Media Creation Tool. installs to 1% and then reboots

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Stuck on Windows 10 1803 when using the Media Creation Tool. installs to 1% and then reboots

1. Stuck on Windows 10 1803 when using the Media Creation Tool. installs to 1% and then reboots - Similar Threads - Stuck 1803 using

2. Using the media creation tool to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the media creation tool to install windows 11: If I use the media creation tool to install windows 11, will all my data be wiped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/31fc4d15-0c37-4f0a-b5f1-16f406485633
  3. Using the media creation tool to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the media creation tool to install windows 11: If I use the media creation tool to install windows 11, will all my data be wiped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/31fc4d15-0c37-4f0a-b5f1-16f406485633
  4. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool: so, i'm trying to perform an inplace upgrade using the media creation tool, but it turns out I got this error. any idea on what I should do now? or how to fix it? i followed the steps using this website but it gave me error code 0x80070005. anyone know why this happened or...
  5. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool: so, i'm trying to perform an inplace upgrade using the media creation tool, but it turns out I got this error. any idea on what I should do now? or how to fix it? i followed the steps using this website but it gave me error code 0x80070005. anyone know why this happened or...
  6. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools: Hi! My hard disk is damaged so i need to replace it. I need to reinstall Windows10 for my laptop. I have downloaded Windows10 Media Creation Tools and make installer in my flash disk. Can anyone tell me the instruction for install windows10 using media creation tools? I...
  8. Need Windows 10 version 1803 Media Creation Tool

Need Windows 10 version 1803 Media Creation Tool: Good day! Would like to inquire where can I download a Windows 10 version 1803 Media Creation Tool? Our end user needs Windows 10 version 1803 due to compatibility issue with their application. They have purchased Windows 10 Pro license under Volume Licensing OLP and...
  9. 1803 media creation tool

1803 media creation tool: is the 1803 media creation tool available? after a forced wipe and reload, I find that 1809 and 1903 cause my games to be laggy and unplayable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-media-creation-tool/cd3888e2-0741-4fd5-8928-6eabcb27f6d2
  10. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...