Windows 10: Stuck On Windows Blue Screen

Discus and support Stuck On Windows Blue Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok, so. A bit of backstory, Windows had me do an update & restart about a month and a half ago. After that, I reinstalled a video editor back onto my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tayl0r_1013996, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Stuck On Windows Blue Screen

Ok, so. A bit of backstory, Windows had me do an update & restart about a month and a half ago. After that, I reinstalled a video editor back onto my PC. Then my PC wouldn't shut down. I would go to the shutdown option in the popup menu, click shutdown, It would act like it shut down but then open back up on the startup screen. After about a week of this I decided to do a hard shutdown on my Laptop by pressing the power button till it shut off. The next time I turned on the computer I was greeted with a blue screen saying "Choose your keyboard layout" So, likewise I selected the one that relates to mine. Then I get a screen saying "Choose an option" and the only options I have are "Troubleshoot" with smaller text saying, "Reset your PC or see advanced options" AND "Turn off your PC".

I click on Troubleshoot I get taken straight to the "Advanced option" screen where we have 6 different options; "System Restore", "Go back to the previous version", "System Image Recovery", "Startup Repair", "Command Prompt", and "UEFI Firmware Settings".

Now, I've done some research and found some websites/ videos & even have chatted with some people provided by Virtual Agents, But, I keep reaching unrelatable conclusions. Meaning: I follow the steps provided but get stuck because my screen is showing different options then what is shown on the instructions.

Now, I'm just going to word vomit everything I've tried, so ignore this if it doesn't matter...

When I click on:

- "System Restore" I get an error message/ little window that is titled, "System Restore" and says, "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore." I close the message. I can't find a Restart option & can't find what it's talking about.

- "Go back to the previous version" the screen says, "If you're running into problems with the current version of Windows, going back to the previous version might fix them. This won't affect your personal files, but you'll lose any changes you've made to apps and settings since your most recent update." then has two buttons saying "Go back to the previous version" & "Cancel" I click on the "go back" one and it says, "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version on Windows. Try resetting your PC instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC)"than a close button. I follow the steps, yet I still do not have the "Reset this PC" option.

- "System Image Recovery" (This one I'm nervous about because I have important files that are not backed up on the Laptop & I'm worried about losing them) An error window pops up saying, "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the back up hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry, Alternatively, close this dialog for more options." I close it. then there is another window with the only option selected "Select a system image" if I hit "next" it's a different window. click "advanced", a different window pops up, "Search for a system image on the network" & "Install a driver" and that's as far as i'm willing to go with my little knowledge of what might happen.

- "Startup Repair" It Diagnoses my computer, attempts a repair, then tells me "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC" then I can [shut down] or go back to [advanced options]

- "Command Prompt" ... It's a command area... I don't know what to do here...

- "UEFI Firmware Settings" Screen says "Restart to change UEFI firmware settings" I click on the [Restart] button & it restarts then gives me a confusing screen that I don't know what to do with.

SO! That Is everything I have seen that is provided to me on this "Blue Screen of death." I can't find anyone else who has had this problem or more like, have this problem that matches what I'm seeing.
    I have many important files that are not backed up & I really want to prevent them from being deleted.
    I've made a bootable USB that I hope works. But I have no clue where/ how to use it with the limited access I have in all the options...

I apologize for writing so much but I didn't know what was important or useful/ what wasn't so I just wrote down everything.

:)

Tayl0r_1013996, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Blue Screen Of Death - Why does this one happen?

Hi,

A blue screen error or stop error usually means that the computer encountered some corruption. For us to isolate the issue, we need additional information:

• Did you perform any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the computer still able to go to the login screen or is it already stuck on the blue screen?

In the meantime, we suggest checking and following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It has information on why you've encounter this issue and it provide appropriate
    steps on how to fix it. Kindly choose the option based on when you've received the error.

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Dann Win User

Stuck On Windows Blue Screen

Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

This is the first time i have ever got the blue screen, but it keeps on occurring, and so i cannot get onto that hard drive, it shuts down within a second of the blue screen showing itself, which doesnt give me any time to read it lol. So i am completely confused as there is no Path of: "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" as well

Thanks for the help, do you have any further suggestions ?

Thema:

Stuck On Windows Blue Screen

1. Stuck On Windows Blue Screen - Similar Threads - Stuck Blue Screen

2. Stuck in blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in blue screen: Hi, I have an msi gaming laptop and I just got it back from assistance. I sent it to change the keyboard and some chassis parts and the service also included a repasting and a cleaning of the cooling system. Now, I noticed from the msi app that my GPU was set to hybrid, while...
  3. Stuck in blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in blue screen: Hi, I have an msi gaming laptop and I just got it back from assistance. I sent it to change the keyboard and some chassis parts and the service also included a repasting and a cleaning of the cooling system. Now, I noticed from the msi app that my GPU was set to hybrid, while...
  4. Stuck on blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on blue screen: I restarted my PC after removing some dangerous and unwanted files and now it's stuck on a blue screen telling me SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDWHAT FAILED: FLTMGR.SYS...
  5. Stuck on blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on blue screen: I restarted my PC after removing some dangerous and unwanted files and now it's stuck on a blue screen telling me SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDWHAT FAILED: FLTMGR.SYS...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on blue screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on blue screen: Hi all, it's my first post here so apologies if I've done something wrong. I have an old Dell Inspiron 580, that originally shipped with Windows 7. I upgraded it to Windows 10 many years ago. Two days ago, I had an issue with my PC, and now it won't boot up. When I try to...
  7. Stuck with Blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck with Blue screen: Window 10 new update is crashing badly and leads to BSOD. I am stuck middle of nowhere. Stop codes are changing each and every time. Help !! Quickfix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-with-blue-screen/e696e6fc-4b5f-49f1-990a-e1c3a90a8add
  8. Stuck on blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on blue screen: I was recently looking to improve game performance so i watched a youtube video. I changed some settings and i made a reset point, but i dont remember which ones i changed. I booted up a game and had major frame drops so went back to the reset point and it restarted my...
  9. Stuck on blue windows screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on blue windows screen: PC wont fully login, keeps getting stuck on a blue screen with the windows logo. Any suggestions on getting past this? Unable to access files from my other home network pc so cant even cut the files over.... Any and all suggestions gratefully received. Kind regards,...
  10. Windows stuck at blue screen with clock

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stuck at blue screen with clock: Hi I switched on this morning and Windows won't go past the blue screen with clock. Keyboard is OK - it works in BIOS I have powered off and on several times to try an trigger repair options but I don't get a repair screen. Any advice welcome Dave 104564

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck at blue window