Windows 10: Stuck on Windows Logon Screen

Discus and support Stuck on Windows Logon Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Issue: I have not been able to logon to my Asus ultrabook since early Jan 2019 - because I could not logon and kept searching for solutions but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kashif Choudhry, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Stuck on Windows Logon Screen

Issue: I have not been able to logon to my Asus ultrabook since early Jan 2019 - because I could not logon and kept searching for solutions but now have run out of options.

Problem Description:

It appears a windows update happened late 2018 or early Jan 2019, and when I started my system, it would not go past the logon screen. Prior to this point, I would start my system and then use a Pin to get to the desktop. I did not have any password setup - just a Pin number. So when I searched online there were many solutions about getting past the logon screen - and I tried all of them - from restarting the system in safe mode with networking; or safe mode with command prompt; or trying restore options; or trying repair windows; or any other option other than reinstalling windows 10 all over again. But for all options, no matter which one - they would all end up at a logon screen. Some would display my account name which I would select - but then no password would work - since I had a PIN. Other screens would show my hotmail account - but even with those my current, or any of the previous 3 passwords would not work. So it looks like I am left with no other option at this time other than to do a fresh install of windows 10. But before I take that drastic step - I thought of reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has run into this specific problem and what their resolution was?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

K

:)

Kashif Choudhry, Jul 21, 2019

2. PC STUCK ON LOGON SCREEN

Hello Vasanth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as your are unable to logon to the computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account from safe mode, log-in with that account and troubleshoot the current user account.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: I suggest you toRun Microsoft Account Troubleshooter
    and check.

Link: Microsoft Account
    troubleshooter

Please do get back to us with the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further, if the issue still persist.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2019
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    New Crossfire setup black screen after windows logon

Need some help, I have just installed a 2nd Sapphire VaporX 7950, both cards are plugged and are connected with 1 crossfire connector. PC powers on fine and gets to the Windows logon screen then the screen goes black, any ideas what the issue is?

NdMk2o1o, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Stuck on Windows Logon Screen

Windows 10 logon screen flicker stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to perform a startup repair from the login screen and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Repair.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps
      and check.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Stuck on Windows Logon Screen

1. Stuck on Windows Logon Screen - Similar Threads - Stuck Logon Screen

2. Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon Screen: How to bypass the logon screen in Windows 10. netplwiz no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-screen/5df18666-b060-4d37-bd5b-5322fedebc53
  3. Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing: On startup the laptop with Windows 10 Pro edition logon screen is not appearing. Even try to press the enter, escape keys won't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-screen-not-appearing/35f40ce4-c80b-4bea-9c96-c174bb813a80
  4. Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen: Wondering if anyone else has this issue and has resolved it. When I wake my computer up, instead of my normal background and password logon showing up, this yellow screen shows up with no mouse control and gets stuck like this for a minute or longer. The odd thing is I can...
  5. HELP - Stuck at logon screen after last Win10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HELP - Stuck at logon screen after last Win10 update: I cannot even use any of the Troubleshooting options...all of them do nothing, just black screen, until I switch off the pc again. I cannot even enter bios with the usual key (Del), but the keyboard lookslike is working (capitals key light is working at least). Questions:...
  6. windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen: Hello this issue has been asked many times with all kind of similar issues but none of them were properly resolved, I even spent once a whole day browsing through all of the threads i could find about it but couldn't find a fix. so what happening is that once every two...
  7. Windows 10 Logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Logon screen: Hello guys, I want to make a new logon/logoff/security options/welcome screens on my Windows 10 to make it 3D, Futuristic and with different behavior I use a Windows 10 Home x64 HP Laptop...
  8. Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon: I really hate the geniuses at Microsoft(read idiots), they still have not made Safe mode come back with F8 - I understand its to make windows load faster, BUT when you just roll out a new OS would it not be a good idea to make sure people could get into Safe mode if something...
  9. Logon screen?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen?????: i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else...
  10. Windows 10 is stuck on logon screen please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is stuck on logon screen please help: Hello there My laptop has stopped working ! It is stuck on the login screen it's running on Windows 10 . I already removed the SSD and put it into an USB case and run a virus check ,but it's still got that message*Sad . Please check the pic here: [img] I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck at windows log in