Windows 10: Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup

Discus and support Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall windows from a flash drive, however whenever I restart my pc, it reverts back to windows setup. It even installs the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ezraa_joseph, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup

I am trying to reinstall windows from a flash drive, however whenever I restart my pc, it reverts back to windows setup. It even installs the new version, but when it has to restart to finalize, it goes back to the first setup menu. Please help?

submitted by /u/Ezraa_joseph
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ezraa_joseph, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Stuck in the Aptio Setup Utility

I got the setup utility on startup and i tried following this instructions:

• Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
    • Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
    • Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
    • Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely.
    • Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.
    • Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears.
    • Select ' Advanced Options'.
    • Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred.
    (but I wasn't able to do step #5-8)

Princess P., Dec 20, 2019
  4. Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup

Asus Laptop stuck on aptio

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
    • Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
    • Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
    • Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely.
    • Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.
    • Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears.
    • Select ' Advanced Options'.
    • Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred.
    Also, I suggest you to refer the below thread:

Help! Stuck in Asus Aptio Setup Utility, after restarting the system screen turns black with one white underscore flashing

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup

1. Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup - Similar Threads - Stuck setup menu

2. Stuck on Windows Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Windows Setup: Hi, so I've had my pc for 2 years and have had no problems until recently. Usually i have my pc running all the time but lately whenever it gets turned off i get thrown back into the windows setup screen. I've tried to troubleshoot, repair and have tried to reinstall Windows,...
  3. Stuck on Windows Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Windows Setup: Hi, so I've had my pc for 2 years and have had no problems until recently. Usually i have my pc running all the time but lately whenever it gets turned off i get thrown back into the windows setup screen. I've tried to troubleshoot, repair and have tried to reinstall Windows,...
  4. Stuck on Windows Setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on setup: I have a PC and I'm stuck on a setup screen with multiple options on my screen but my mouse and keyboard won't do anything to press the next button, everything is correct but I can't press next. I have tried everything including resetting windows, startup repair and...
  6. Stuck on setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on setup: I have a PC and I'm stuck on a setup screen with multiple options on my screen but my mouse and keyboard won't do anything to press the next button, everything is correct but I can't press next. I have tried everything including resetting windows, startup repair and...
  7. Stuck on setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Computer is stuck at bootup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is stuck at bootup screen: I was using Blender and pushed a render a little too far and caused it to crash and then the computer crashed as well. When it started up, it said it needed to be repaired. Did all that, said it was collecting info but stayed frozen and so I restarted. Nothing was happening....
  9. Windows 10 profile bootup circle is stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 profile bootup circle is stuck: I can't login to my PC account on windows 10. The circle on login screen gets stuck every time I start my PC. I have tried booting in safe mode and restarting but it doesn't work. It boots without any trouble in safe mode. There are other administrator profiles on this PC and...
  10. Windows setup stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows setup stuck: I try to set up Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3000 series laptop but it got stuck on the screen with top right corner with the word "Services". I initially use an email say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** address and answered a few questions but then changed my...