Windows 10: Stuck unable to update windows

Discus and support Stuck unable to update windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a few months now, where Windows Update will download an update, attempt to install it, restart a few times, and then say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by byss66, Jul 15, 2021.

1. byss66 Win User

Stuck unable to update windows

I've had this problem for a few months now, where Windows Update will download an update, attempt to install it, restart a few times, and then say 'undoing changes made to your computer'. I've just sort of dealt with it, but now I'm being told my version of Windows 10 has reached its end of service.Below is a screenshot of my update history showing where it fails, most recently due to 1900101.I've tried searching the web and found two things out. One is that there's a troubleshooter for windows update, which I've tried ran the troubleshooter, it said it change some things on my PC but not w

:)

byss66, Jul 15, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 15, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Stuck unable to update windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2021
  4. MIkew365 Win User

Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Stuck unable to update windows - Similar Threads - Stuck unable update

2. Having a problem with updates being stuck in Windows Update, unable to clear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a problem with updates being stuck in Windows Update, unable to clear them.: The updates in particular are Intelligence Updates I believe for Windows Defender. They are unable to be installed and keep giving an 0x00000000 error. I've tried almost everything I can think of, from using DISM, the system file checker, reinstalling windows 11 and having...
  3. windows update download stuck, unable to stop service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update download stuck, unable to stop service: My windows update download is stuck mid download.Reboots etc did nothing to help.I then tried net stop wuauserv and got the following message that the service could not be stopped.Advice please...
  4. windows update download stuck, unable to stop service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update download stuck, unable to stop service: My windows update download is stuck mid download.Reboots etc did nothing to help.I then tried net stop wuauserv and got the following message that the service could not be stopped.Advice please...
  5. unable to update windows stuck at windows 10 1903 , with error 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update windows stuck at windows 10 1903 , with error 0xc1900101: I have tried everything i read on forums . during the update it restarts fine the first time but second time it just shuts off completely then i have to manually turn on my laptop and then it goes back TO "UNDOING CHANGES MADE TO YOUR COMPUTER"...
  6. unable to update windows stuck at windows 10 1903 , with error 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to update windows stuck at windows 10 1903 , with error 0xc1900101: I have tried everything i read on forums . during the update it restarts fine the first time but second time it just shuts off completely then i have to manually turn on my laptop and then it goes back TO "UNDOING CHANGES MADE TO YOUR COMPUTER"...
  7. unable to update windows stuck at windows 10 1903 , with error 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to get Windows 10 21h1 update. Update Stuck on 61 percent.

Unable to get Windows 10 21h1 update. Update Stuck on 61 percent.: Hi,first time I've posted here, I dont know where else to go. So I have a desktop PC iBUYPOWERIntel R Core TM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz GTX 16608 GB RAMand for about a month I have not been able to update Windows. It'll just be stuck on 61 percent. I've tried a few fixes and...
  9. Windows 10 update stuck. unable to access safe mode

Windows 10 update stuck. unable to access safe mode: Hi, my kids laptop instructed that I should update windows 10 version. I followed all the instructions and now the computer is stuck on a never ending loop of starting, indicating that it is 'undoing changes made to my computer', shutting down and starting again. One post i...
  10. Windows 10 stuck in "unable to configure updates" boot loop

Windows 10 stuck in "unable to configure updates" boot loop: Hi, i cannot access my computer as it is stuck in a constant boot up loop while trying to configure an update. i cannot delete the update from safe mode, either. I have a lot of important files on my computer that i cannot lose. can anybody help me?...