Windows 10: Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail

Discus and support Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; System: Lenovo Yoga 2 1051 Type ZOBE s/n: HA0DGA3W (Tablet) - O\S : Windows 10 32bit System Memory: 32 Go Background: The objective was to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mi5, Jun 17, 2020.

1. MI5
    mi5 Win User

Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail

System: Lenovo Yoga 2 1051 Type ZOBE s/n: HA0DGA3W (Tablet) -
    O\S : Windows 10 32bit
    System Memory: 32 Go

Background: The objective was to reinstall Windows 10 using the RESET function.

Intent:
    The idea of reinstalling was to integrate the version 1909 update. All previous updates (17??, 1803, 1903, etc) had failed. Each time, I ended up simply reinstalling the latest version of Windows 10. The latest version contained the recent updates. I decided to use the Reset function.

What happened :
    Everything seemed to be going well, but suddenly there was an error message (not enough time to jot it down): the installation could not be done. Then another message (too quick to be noted). Then the dotted circle and the message undoing changes made to your portable computer This is where it is stuck. I left the procedure run for 18 hours and it still was stuck.

The tablet can be turned off, but when it is turned back on, it immediately picks up at the same spot: dotted circle going around + message undoing changes made to your computer.

I had prepared a usb installation media/ repair key, but the tablet will not read it. I can get into the BIOS with the intention of changing the BOOT order, but it's impossible. The BOOT MENU in the BIOS has only one option: Windows Boot Manager. When I click on that single option, the tablet goes into the stuck routine: undoing changes made to your portable computer

That's not all: the bluetooth keyboard is not communicating with the tablet. It is not responding at all. I can connect a USB keyboard to the tablet, but that doesn't give me any more options.

Is there any way that I can recover this tablet? Thank you!

:)

2. Keonhong Win User

Stuck in "Undoing changes made to your computer"

My labtop is Samsung SENS RC 520

I bought this laptop in South Korea and accidentally wiped out all of programs in US.

To solve reactivate my laptop, I bought Window 7 CD from Best Buy and installed necessary programs to run it.

After few weeks later, I got a notice that I can install Window 10 in limited time.

I installed Window 10 and used it well until recent updates.

For last two months, my laptop failed to download updates and undo the changes.

It took some time to download, fail, and undo the changes; but it did not cause any errors until the last update.

Today, it got stuck in repetition of "Undoing changes made to your computer".

I might be able to recover my Window 7 CD somewhere in my house, but I concerns the message that is something like Window 7 will be no longer available in this website.

How can I solve this problem?

Keonhong, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Carad0g Win User
    KB3120677 Installs then Undo's Changes

So, update KB3120677 is being applied to build 10586.3, but I'm stuck in an WU Update -> install -> reboot -> failed at 81% on installation -> automatically Undoing Changes -> Reboot -> Windows Update
    downloads KB3120677 -> aaaaand, we're off again in the same loop. This has been happening since KB3120677 came out - have stopped counting
    the number of times this has happened now.

Have tried the following:

• sfc /scannow - no issues.
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth - no issues
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth - no issues.
    • deleted contents of Windows/SoftwareDistribution.
    • Clean boot (all non MS services stopped and start up apps disabled).
    • Have done Trouble Shooting -> View Al -> Windows Update -> automatically fixed some corrupt WU files/catalogue, but not resolved issue.
    • Manually downloaded KB3120677 and same issue.
    Doesn't seem to be much support out there at the moment that I can find, any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Carad0g, Jun 17, 2020
  4. vleihh Win User

Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK

Hi guys, I was trying to install the new update for windows and everything was going smoothly until it got stuck at round 30% on the loadup screen and was undoing changes. It took a while and i thought restarting it would allow me to normally log in but
    i was wrong, after a few consecutive tries i think i may have broken it and it keeps restarting itself in a loop saying "Undoing changes made to your computer". I cant get to the advanced startup menu by restarting it 3 times nor safe mode thorugh f8, please
    helpp.

vleihh, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail - Similar Threads - Stuck «Undoing changes

2. Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer: I was trying to install windows 11 and I accidentally turned off my pc. I then restarted it and it came up with this and has been like this for an hour and I was wondering how to sort it out...
  3. Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer: I was trying to install windows 11 and I accidentally turned off my pc. I then restarted it and it came up with this and has been like this for an hour and I was wondering how to sort it out...
  4. Computer stuck saying undoing changes made to your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck in Undoing changes made to your computer loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Undoing changes made to your computer loop: Two nights ago Windows asked me to restart to install an update and I did, the computer proceeded to spend the entire night and most of the next day restarting itself endlessly; I got home from work at the end of that day and tried to figure out what was wrong and in the...
  6. Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after Windows Update: Windows Update prompted me to clear some space off my drive and once I was able to it prompted me to start the update. I scheduled it for around 12 pm yesterday and it started without any issues. At one point, however it became stuck on a black screen with a circle of loading...
  7. Stuck on undoing changes made your computer!

Stuck on undoing changes made your computer!: What the hell with windows yesterday i have some update from windows update, and i cannot find a way to stop any this suck update! Now my laptop is stuck on undoing changes made to your computer! I lost my order job cause this! I have finished my job and just forget to...
  8. Stuck in "Undoing changes made to your computer"

Stuck in "Undoing changes made to your computer": My labtop is Samsung SENS RC 520 I bought this laptop in South Korea and accidentally wiped out all programs in US. To solve the problems, I bought Window 7 CD and installed necessary programs to run it. After few weeks later, I got a notice that I can install Window 10...
  9. Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update: Ok, so my timezone is UTC-3, just so you don't get confused. Yesterday, at around 22:30, I was using my PC when Windows force-restarted it to update (I postponed the update like a billion times so I guess that makes sense.) The update was taking a lot of time, but I googled...
  10. Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK

Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK: Hi guys, I was trying to install the new update for windows and everything was going smoothly until it got stuck at round 30% on the loadup screen and was undoing changes. It took a while and i thought restarting it would allow me to normally log in but i was wrong, after a...