Windows 10: Stuck updates and black screen

Discus and support Stuck updates and black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi community While trying to install feature update to 1903 In my windows 10 enterprise build 10240 pc during updating the screen goes black . Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ABHIJITDILIP, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Stuck updates and black screen

Hi community

While trying to install feature update to 1903 In my windows 10 enterprise build 10240 pc during updating the screen goes black . Even after waiting for hrs still doesn't shows anything and CPU doesn't respond as when i click caps lock the light doesn't get on.

Due to such waiting after 4 hrs i forced my pc to shutdown and after the startup the updates started loading from 87% and after a few moment it gets stuck at 89% and loading icon stops and gets stuck and when I force shutdown pc it shows undoing changes made to your computer and update doesn't installs

Pls help

:)

ABHIJITDILIP, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksStuck updates and black screen :)

Hendry, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 7, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Stuck updates and black screen

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Stuck updates and black screen

1. Stuck updates and black screen - Similar Threads - Stuck updates black

2. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on black screen: Hi, I was running my Windows 11 laptop and when I lifted the lid to sign in it stayed on a black screen. The fan was still spinning and the keyboard backlight was still on, and when I press and hold Touch ID it turns on and shows “swipe down to shutoff” but when I swipe up it...
  3. Computer stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer stuck on black screen: My computer has been stuck on a black screen with a cursor, I've tried everything and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck-on-black-screen/09b2e030-d065-4ad4-bfed-6d8911ada148
  4. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  5. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  6. Windows stuck in black-screen while updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in black-screen while updating.: Hi. Recently, I was using my laptop when Windows 11 asked me that my "Battery not detected".Several sources told me to disable then re-enable these 2 things. https://www.digitbin.com/no-battery-is-detected-on-windows-11-fix/* Picture of the items to disable and re-enable*Now,...
  7. Windows stuck in black-screen while updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in black-screen while updating.: Hi. Recently, I was using my laptop when Windows 11 asked me that my "Battery not detected".Several sources told me to disable then re-enable these 2 things. https://www.digitbin.com/no-battery-is-detected-on-windows-11-fix/* Picture of the items to disable and re-enable*Now,...
  8. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on black screen: Windows is stuck on a black screen with only the cursor there. Ctrl Alt Del doesnt work. Neither does Ctrl Shift Esc. Only pressing shift 5 times shows sticky keys dialog box. I need help desperately submitted by /u/AweCookies [link] [comments]...
  9. Stuck at black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at black screen: My windows 10 laptop is not booting up. It's stuck at black screen. It showed fixing disk C. Then it finished the process. But then it's stuck at black screen. Can someone please help!! I don't know what to do submitted by /u/ameensj [link] [comments]...
  10. Stuck in loading or black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in loading or black screen: I tried to change my pagefile on my computer, then restarted it. After restarting it, when I try to log in it gets stuck in the loading screen. I decided to try the reset option clearing all data from it, but this ends in a black screen/no input to my screen. Anyone have...