Windows 10: Stuck USB

Discus and support Stuck USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged in the cooling fan of my laptop table, and now it is stuck. Someone help? I can't pull it in case I break something. BTW it is fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AadiSiddiqi, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Stuck USB

I plugged in the cooling fan of my laptop table, and now it is stuck. Someone help? I can't pull it in case I break something.

BTW it is fixed

:)

AadiSiddiqi, Sep 16, 2020
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 16, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Stuck USB

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Stuck USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Stuck USB

1. Stuck USB - Similar Threads - Stuck USB

2. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  3. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  4. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

7. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

8. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck...: when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck at a low level. I have copied many files previously and have never encountered this problem. Then after the copying dialog box disappears and when i try to open any other folders it is...