Windows 10: Stuck user folders and how to delete them

Discus and support Stuck user folders and how to delete them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As usually, the system is overprotective when not needed like deleting an already deleted and non-existing user profiles I use several. The user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zigmunds Steins, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Stuck user folders and how to delete them

As usually, the system is overprotective when not needed like deleting an already deleted and non-existing user profiles I use several. The user profile is gone, the folder seems to be empty but it just refuses to go and even with my hacking tools I have some it may take forever. Well, forever is a luxury I have, if there is no better way. Or is there?

:)

Zigmunds Steins, Oct 1, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Stuck user folders and how to delete them :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Stuck user folders and how to delete them :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 1, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 1, 2022
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Stuck user folders and how to delete them

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

Stuck user folders and how to delete them

1. Stuck user folders and how to delete them - Similar Threads - Stuck user folders

2. Weird user profile folders in C:/Users - can I delete them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird user profile folders in C:/Users - can I delete them?: I recently bought a new computer and installed Windows 11. The system automatically named my user profile folder based on my Microsoft account's name the folder name is blocked in green in the screenshot. However, I do not like the name automatically given to my user profile...
  3. Weird user profile folders in C:/Users - can I delete them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird user profile folders in C:/Users - can I delete them?: I recently bought a new computer and installed Windows 11. The system automatically named my user profile folder based on my Microsoft account's name the folder name is blocked in green in the screenshot. However, I do not like the name automatically given to my user profile...
  4. Deleted user folder

Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  5. Stuck user folders and how to delete them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck user folders and how to delete them: As usually, the system is overprotective when not needed like deleting an already deleted and non-existing user profiles I use several. The user profile is gone, the folder seems to be empty but it just refuses to go and even with my hacking tools I have some it may take...
  6. Stuck user folders and how to delete them

Stuck user folders and how to delete them: As usually, the system is overprotective when not needed like deleting an already deleted and non-existing user profiles I use several. The user profile is gone, the folder seems to be empty but it just refuses to go and even with my hacking tools I have some it may take...
  7. Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked - how to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked - how to delete?: I created a test user account, but it's no longer needed, so I wanted to delete it. I deleted it under settings>accounts>family & other people. It said it would delete all data, but it did not delete the user folder. The user is no longer available, but it left the folder...
  8. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...
  9. How to delete USER FOLDER link

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete USER FOLDER link: Have been using Win10 for about 6 months when a User folder icon appeared on the Desktop. No idea what I did to make it happen. I believe the Desktop User folder is a link to the C:/Users/file Adding or deleting a file in the C:/Users/file also the same results appear in the...
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655