Windows 10: Stuck while copying/deleting files

Discus and support Stuck while copying/deleting files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I recently got Windows 10 and I have a problem : When I try to copy or delete files, the operation will sometimes stops with "0,00 elements/s"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Datrodent, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Stuck while copying/deleting files

Hey,

I recently got Windows 10 and I have a problem : When I try to copy or delete files, the operation will sometimes stops with "0,00 elements/s" and then I can't cancel the operation, I can pause it but it doesn't do anything.

As additional information that might be useful : I have 3 internal hard drive (C: Drive for windows (SSD), D: Drive for my documents and such (not SSD), F: Drive for my programs (SSD)

When it happens :

>It seems to get stuck randomly during the operation (19%, 34%, [...] 51%, 95%...)

>I can still access the files where the operation is happening

>Windows Explorer doesn't seems to use lots of memory after it get stuck

It's happened :

>while trying to delete some files on my 2TB internal Hard drive (D)

>while trying to copy videos on D drive from an external SD card

>while trying to copy files from my D drive to my F drive

What I have tried :

>Completely reinstalled windows from scratch

It seems that it mostly happens on my D drive and it would be easy to think it's the problem

However, it worked perfectly fine before I upgraded on windows 10 a few days ago, so I don't understand why it would act like that all of sudden.

Here's a screenshot of when it get stuck : Link (even if it says (45 seconds remaining nothing happens)

submitted by /u/Datrodent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Datrodent, Sep 16, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 16, 2020
  4. AFRet96 Win User

Stuck while copying/deleting files

stuck at copying windows files 0%

I got a pre-patience step when the msg "Windows can't be installed on this drive" came up and took time to get past. My NE522 did pass that step and is now stuck on copying files. It is a contest now to see if the man can be more patient then the machine!

*Nerd IT WORKS! In this day of "non-instant means broke" patience still works.

AFRet96, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Stuck while copying/deleting files

1. Stuck while copying/deleting files - Similar Threads - Stuck while copying

2. The copying windows file is stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The copying windows file is stuck at 0%: I have an old computer. An hp desktop pavilion from either 2010 or 2011. It’s a prebuilt workstation with a really slow hdd. I bought a kingston 240 GB ssd from Amazon, to replace it. I downloaded windows media creation tool before replacing the drives and used it to make a...
  3. The copying windows file is stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The copying windows file is stuck at 0%: I have an old computer. An hp desktop pavilion from either 2010 or 2011. It’s a prebuilt workstation with a really slow hdd. I bought a kingston 240 GB ssd from Amazon, to replace it. I downloaded windows media creation tool before replacing the drives and used it to make a...
  4. The copying windows file is stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File history deleting only copies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File history deleting only copies: Hello! I'm using file history to back up my files, I have it set to back up every hour and keep for 3 months, but I was looking though the files and it turns out it deleted the only copies of files that haven’t been edited because it was older then 3 months, so now a bunch...
  6. File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files: Hello. I´m on latest Windows 10 update. Lately, while copying or moving files from one folder to another, the mouse with the copying file just freezes at the edge of the folder I´m copying from. I cannot move the mouse for 5 seconds or so and then it unfreezes. It´s not that...
  7. Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.: I recently bought two drives (a 1TB Seagate and a 2 TB WD) off Facebook Marketplace. I know it's a risk to buy used HDD, particularly on Facebook/Craiglist/etc..., but considering the cost I thought it was an acceptable risk. I am having some strange issues with these two...
  8. Copying files stuck at 0%

Copying files stuck at 0%: Hi, I had reserved a copy of windows 10 and i was able to download it through windows update. once it is downloaded i was asked to restart for updating. copying files stuck at 0% for 5 min and windows 7 ultimate x64 rolls back. I can even see an error message in windows...
  9. Copying new files stuck at 83%

Copying new files stuck at 83%: Hey everyone. I got my free upgrade to Windows 10 and I tried installing it. But it got stuck at 24%, copying new files 83%. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. Thank you 9849
  10. stuck at copying windows files 0%

stuck at copying windows files 0%: Followed the tutorial, extracted the iso. Ran set up. How long should I let it stay at 0% 7065