Windows 10: Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window

Discus and support Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, long story short. Noticed that my CPU always was at 100% and that soundmixer.exe was the cause to it. After some googling i decided to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jebediah, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jebediah Win User

Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window

Hi guys, long story short.
    Noticed that my CPU always was at 100% and that soundmixer.exe was the cause to it.
    After some googling i decided to remove it from regedit and restarted the computer.

Now when i start the computer i'm stuck with a black screen and a CMD window, also two OSD screens are showing (Aida64 and MSI afterburner) and sometimes if i'm lucky, a new window appears that claims that i have to go to the setting and activate my Windows version. If i click "go to settings" a new window appear that say -LicensingUI.exe the class has not registrated.

Tried to boot up into safe mode aswell. Same black screen and same CMD window.

Tried to restore the computer from a restore point, but that are failing time after time.

Guess it's time for a fresh clean installation of windows, but damn i need those game saves and backups.

:)

jebediah, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksStuck with a black screen and a CMD window :)

Hendry, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Desktop boots to a black screen with cmd open

Hi all, for a while now whenever I turn on my computer and log on, I am greeted with a black desktop screen and cmd open.

i am able to open explorer.exe from cmd and my computer runs fine there afterwards. I have ran a few virus scans and everything seems clean.

Any suggestions?

HarryTipper, Jun 13, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on black screen: First let me tell you that I had dual booted Windows 10 with Elementary OS. Recently when I tried to boot into Windows, my screen got stuck without even loading the Windows logo.As I found on some videos and discussions, I used bootable Windows 10 USB to boot.I tried the...
  3. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck on black screen: First let me tell you that I had dual booted Windows 10 with Elementary OS. Recently when I tried to boot into Windows, my screen got stuck without even loading the Windows logo.As I found on some videos and discussions, I used bootable Windows 10 USB to boot.I tried the...
  4. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows stuck on black screen

Windows stuck on black screen: While working my labtop just showed that windows has encountered a problem and will collect information then restart, then when restarting it got stuck in the black screen doesn't even show the logo. Tryied to get into reset but each time I press f11 it just shows on the...
  6. Windows stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on black screen: Windows is stuck on a black screen with only the cursor there. Ctrl Alt Del doesnt work. Neither does Ctrl Shift Esc. Only pressing shift 5 times shows sticky keys dialog box. I need help desperately submitted by /u/AweCookies [link] [comments]...
  7. Stuck at black screen

Stuck at black screen: My windows 10 laptop is not booting up. It's stuck at black screen. It showed fixing disk C. Then it finished the process. But then it's stuck at black screen. Can someone please help!! I don't know what to do submitted by /u/ameensj [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen with CMD on startup

Windows 10 Black Screen with CMD on startup: Just as the title suggests, everytime i start up my computer there is only a black screen with cmd on it. Typing explorer.exe on it seems to bring my desktop backup. But doing it every time i start my computer seems annoying. I tried checking the regedit on...
  9. Stuck at cmd

Stuck at cmd: After PC is booted, everything is normal all the way to just before desktop. It shows a blacked screen with only the cmd. In the cmd, it shows c:/windows/system32. Pressing enter will just repeat the same line. Found out online I could type Explorer.exe and desktop will...
  10. Windows 10 start black screen with cmd window

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start black screen with cmd window: Hey All, When I start windows it start black screen with CMD on c:\windows\system32 I can run explorer.exe from the cmd or task manager run but it's annnoying. same happens also from safe mode (black screen and CMD) when running msconfig it's normal normal startup...