Windows 10: Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Discus and support Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReneAlvarenga, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Hello!

Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task bar if I click my mouse and put my password to log it normally. I can press the windows key and it shows the menu but I can see any window.. not even the task manager because of that black screen with the spinning dot.

Can someone please help me???

:)

ReneAlvarenga, Jan 26, 2019

2. Computer stuck on Black Screen with spinning Circle after restarting with an update

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I have resolved my problem, but, of course, I now have to re-install all of my software.

I resolved it by:

• Restoring my PC to it's original state (Windows 7)
    • Updating my PC to Windows 10
    • Eventually got stuck on black screen with spinning circle - shut down PC. It attempted to continue restore and got stuck on black screen again.
    • Deleted all Windows update files (as suggested on Microsoft site) and tried again.
    • Shut it down again and this time it restored me back to ... ugh ... Window 7 again.
    • Followed the same process two more times and, finally, when I forced a shutdown, it came back up and continued to successfully install Windows 10.

I have no idea why this happened. I am just happy that I am back to 10 again. Now I'll spend the next two days getting my PC back to the state it was in before all of this happened.

Again, thank you for trying to help me out!

Steve Rogalinski, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update

After I updated my Windows 10 to 1803, my PC can't boot. Stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle , no HDD indicator activity. However, I can enter safe mode. What is the problem?

ztartennery, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

1. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  3. Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots: I turned it on and scanned my fingerprint, and now it’s just loading eternally. Closing the lid turns the screen off, but when I wake it back up, it’s still loading. It doesn’t even respond to the power button or any combination with the escape buttons. The computer is a...
  4. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  5. Cannot login after Windows 10 update, black screen, spinning dots

Cannot login after Windows 10 update, black screen, spinning dots: Hi Everybody, I got a doozy of a problem... tldr; recent update screwed the pooch. Only get black screen or black screen with spinning dots or screen with a flashing __ or sometimes a Y __. Currently unable to actually log into my computer to update or fix anything...
  6. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  7. infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates

infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates: Hi - we have had some Windows 10 laptops that have had upstart issues after Windows 10 updates. After restart we see infinite spinning dots on black logo screen. Some times you can succeed with system restore - of a restore point, and sometimes this is not available -...
  8. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  9. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  10. Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update: I just upgraded my desktop and laptop to the Windows 10 Creators Update. Everything went well and worked properly, until I installed a cumulative update and tried to reboot... Now all I get is a black screen and the spinning dots (like it's booting up), I can see the mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update spinning dots