Windows 10: Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account

Discus and support Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to change my user account from guest to admin as many things aren't working right. I have tried cmd -> netplwiz and it asks me for an admin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jimbabwe, Aug 4, 2015.

1. jimbabwe Win User

Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account

I am trying to change my user account from guest to admin as many things aren't working right. I have tried cmd -> netplwiz and it asks me for an admin password, but gives me no box to type it in. Even if it did, I don't know what the admin password is. I have two accounts set up - one as local user and the other is a microsoft account. Neither seem to have admin privileges.

:)

jimbabwe, Aug 4, 2015
  2. b thorp Win User

How do I set up a guest account in windows 10? Have tried all suggestions so far.

I followed step one but could not complete step two as the Local Users and Group directory does not display. Therefore I can't proceed to step three.

Therefore I followed to Windows+X and entered net user guest /active:yes

Now when I click the Windows icon to change accounts, "Guest" is displayed but when I click it it returns me to my admin account login and the Guest account is not visible or accessible from Manage Account. How is the Guest Account managed?

b thorp, Aug 4, 2015
  3. The user profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Syed,

Please find below my answers.

• Did you make any changes to the account prior to the issue? [No. I didn`t do any changes to my account.]
    • Are you able to login with the Guest accounts? [Yes. I am able to login into my guest account.]
    • How exactly did you access C drive? Are you able to access the desktop? [By going into Guest account i tried to go into C: through my computer. I thought if i go to Users/[MyAdminAccount], at least i would be able to copy the files
      in my admin folders[My Documents, Downloads, Desktop.] But when i give my admin password, my guest account also freezes.]
    I did restart several times and tried to login into my admin account. But i am stuck at the same welcome screen.

• I tried to enable the default admin account through command prompt[net user administrator /active:yes], after i clicked shift+restart from the login screen. But even though the admin successfully
      executes, the default admin account is not visible after i restart my system.
    • I tried to boot into safe mode through networking to my admin account. After i give my credentials and waiting for around an hour, a message came saying 'Unknown hard error' and the screen went blank
    Please help.

ManjunathBalakrishnan, Aug 4, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

That subject cannot be discussed on this Forum.

labeeman, Aug 4, 2015
  5. jimbabwe Win User
    Can you at least tell me why there's no box to write in the password?

jimbabwe, Aug 4, 2015
  6. labeeman Win User
    Only admins can run that program and you are not admin.

labeeman, Aug 4, 2015
  7. LuigiEd Win User
    I have the same problem.

I registered windows 10 to my email address, then created a new user to be able to log in without a password (Media center PC)
    Then I activated Cortana on the new user account with the email I had originally used to register windows 10 with and now cannot access the admin account.

Can you atleast point us roughly into the direction on how to resolve this, so we can research it on our own?

Thanks

LuigiEd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account - Similar Threads - Stuck guest account

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Can't access admin account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access admin account windows 10: I created account from Setting > Account and I gave admin access. Then I restarted the laptop, and I didn't find the new account. So I locked in to my old account. And my admin permissions have disappeared. So I went into computer management.I found a new account created that...
  5. Can't access admin account windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access admin account windows 10: I created account from Setting > Account and I gave admin access. Then I restarted the laptop, and I didn't find the new account. So I locked in to my old account. And my admin permissions have disappeared. So I went into computer management.I found a new account created that...
  6. Admin Account Accessing Other Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account Accessing Other Accounts: Hi, Why is it that when I log off from my account and log into the Administrator's account, I can still access my own data. As far as I can recall, I have never given the Admin account permission to access mine. Is this normal? Matt 170394
  7. Can't access my admin account to in account repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access my admin account to in account repair: I updated to 1903 today and then ran into some malware somewhere and I attempted to remove it in safe mode, but it reappeared when i rebooted. I went into account repair, but my admin account (my only account) doesn't show so I can sign in and attempt repair. Now I'm stuck...
  8. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!: Hi guys, need some help I haven't been able to find anything useful in the forums thus far. I was making some changed in my admin account (I'm the only user) so I didn't have to enter a password after every login and after some changes found my account to have been converted...
  9. Stuck in guest account in safe mode

Stuck in guest account in safe mode: Hi all, I was having problem with the start menu and cortana that won't show up. Based on the internet, i was told to use msconfig to reboot my pc to safemode. Apparently, after i went to safe mode, the problem seems not changing, so i repeated the steps, but this time...
  10. User Account changed from Admin to Guest

User Account changed from Admin to Guest: Dear people of the Tenforums, I could use your advice. On Saturday I decided to give new Windows 10 (it picked Home Edition by itself) a try. Previous version was Windows 7. After a flawless install I have seen that something on my C: partition is using a lot of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck as guest account win 10