Windows 10: Stuck with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Discus and support Stuck with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Specs: CPU: i7-9700K GPU: Zotac Twin-Fan 2080Ti Motherboard: Strix Z390-E RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO 16GB (2x8) RGB Cooling: Cool Master Liquid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TussalDragon344, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Stuck with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Specs:

CPU: i7-9700K

GPU: Zotac Twin-Fan 2080Ti

Motherboard: Strix Z390-E

RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO 16GB (2x8) RGB

Cooling: Cool Master Liquid Two fan

Power supply: Aerocool 750W LUX RGB

Storage: SSD SATA: PNY 480GB, HDD: Seagate BARRACUDA 2TB

Getting stuck at that BSOD after I turn on my PC. Knowing that it is a bad idea, I tried turning the switch off and on. Afterwards, thinking I “solved the issue” I went back to log in and yet again, a freeze and then getting stuck again at the same BSOD!

Help!

submitted by /u/TussalDragon344
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TussalDragon344, Feb 6, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Stuck with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, Feb 6, 2020
  3. zablas Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

zablas, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Stuck with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Blue screen error with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error code.

Hi Charlie,

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error can be caused by a faulty processor. This error may also be triggered by an outdated driver. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you consider the following:

• Ensure that your CPU's temperature is within standard and nothing is overheating.
    • Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting or to clear overclock settings.
    • Update your BIOS.
    • Run
      Windows Update
      to install the latest driver on your system.

Note: For steps 2 & 3, it's best to get an assistance from your system manufacturer to ensure that all settings will be properly configured.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Stuck with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

1. Stuck with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT - Similar Threads - Stuck CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

2. Aorus stuck on loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aorus stuck on loading screen: I boot my pc which worked last night and I get to a page where it lets me open bios but if I do nothing and let it boot it shows me a loading screen with the aorus logo and it infinitely loads sometimes it says preparing automatic repair. It will either load for hours and i...
  3. Aorus stuck on loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aorus stuck on loading screen: I boot my pc which worked last night and I get to a page where it lets me open bios but if I do nothing and let it boot it shows me a loading screen with the aorus logo and it infinitely loads sometimes it says preparing automatic repair. It will either load for hours and i...
  4. Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:": I was just minding my own business through my laptop. Then I got a notification that said Scan and repair driversI pressed it. Then my laptop just decided to never get past "Scanning and repairing drive c:". It keeps restarting over and over, every time after that message...
  5. Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:"

Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:": I was just minding my own business through my laptop. Then I got a notification that said Scan and repair driversI pressed it. Then my laptop just decided to never get past "Scanning and repairing drive c:". It keeps restarting over and over, every time after that message...
  6. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  7. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  8. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT stuck at 0%: I have a windows 11 laptop, when i was watching youtube it randomly getting bluescreen with stop code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I've been waiting for around 1 hour and its still at 0%. What should i do?...
  10. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT stuck at 0%

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT stuck at 0%: I have a windows 11 laptop, when i was watching youtube it randomly getting bluescreen with stop code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I've been waiting for around 1 hour and its still at 0%. What should i do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clock watchdog timeout win 10 update stuck