Windows 10: stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor

Discus and support stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Ok,i have a problem..i use 2 monitor on my laptop,one from the laptop itself and one is regular lcd monitor,i set my another monitor (not the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by teki, Aug 6, 2016.

1. teki Win User

stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor

Ok,i have a problem..i use 2 monitor on my laptop,one from the laptop itself and one is regular lcd monitor,i set my another monitor (not the laptop monitor) to a main monitor,and if i connect the sec monitor to my laptop it sayd out of range,and my laptop monitor is not turned up cuz i just select "only display on monitor 2"on didplay setting,so i just stuck with double blank monitor when i connect the sec monitor,plz help me out from this shitty things *Smile

:)

teki, Aug 6, 2016
  2. RaduMav Win User

I've got 2 monitors, and when i plug the second one in, both of them go black.

The main monitor is connected with HDMI to the graphics card.

The second monitor is connected with VGA, which is adapted to DIV-I double link, to the graphics card.

RaduMav, Aug 6, 2016
  3. How to undo Windows 10 multiple display "show only on 2" setting

I mistakenly selected "show only on 2" and saved the setting in Windows 10 when the second monitor to the laptop does not get any signal. Now when I start my laptop with the HDMI-VGA cable connected to the second monitor, both monitors are blank. I pulled
    out the cable connection and my laptop screen works. I need to undo the mistake so that I can try to configure the second monitor again. This is the first time I tried to add a second monitor to my laptop. Any idea how to undo this mistake? Many thanks.

Betty Yeung, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Oubadah Win User

Hold down the Windows key and press P twice (then release the windows key) and after a couple of seconds it should revert to the laptop monitor only.

I don't know why it's saying out of range on the monitor though.

Oubadah, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Margister Win User
    I believe the out of range error indicates that either the frequency or the resolution passed to the screen is invalid - try lowering your resolution on the other screen (slider in display properties)

Margister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor - Similar Threads - stuck double blank

2. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display, running Windows 11.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I...
  3. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I switch to "Extend...
  4. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  5. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  6. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  7. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  8. Second monitor detected but blank

Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  9. Connect second monitor

Connect second monitor: Dear Admin, I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10. could you please help me? thank you Best Regards, Giovanni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connect-second-monitor/0991fb4a-7a2c-496b-ac11-7b06a587f170
  10. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor detected but blank: Hi, After a windows update, my second monitor has become blank. Please see attached image. Details: - It IS recognized in Display Settings - It Is recognized in GeForce Control Panel - When taking a screenshot, it shows up as if nothing is wrong - It is NOT...