Windows 10: Stuck with TV set as default display

Discus and support Stuck with TV set as default display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, While trying to fix displaying of my desktop win10 desktop on my samsung smart tv, I set the tv as the default display. Now, when I switch the tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by chermesh, Sep 24, 2019.

1. chermesh Win User

Stuck with TV set as default display

Hi,
    While trying to fix displaying of my desktop win10 desktop on my samsung smart tv, I set the tv as the default display. Now, when I switch the tv on, I loss control on the performance of my pc. The desktop pc shows all the icons of my desktop, but any step I do, running a browser, opening outlook, etc. show only on my tv. A real nuisance.
    I can open display setting, but since my act shows only on the tv, which is located in another room, all my efforts to change setting and configure my pc as the default screen failed.
    When I switch the tv off, I find no way to change the display configuration.
    How can I regain control on my pc?

:)

chermesh, Sep 24, 2019
  2. chermesh Win User

Hi,
    While trying to fix displaying of my desktop win10 desktop on my samsung smart tv, I set the tv as the default display. Now, when I switch the tv on, I loss control on the performance of my pc. The desktop pc shows all the icons of my desktop, but any step I do, running a browser, opening outlook, etc. show only on my tv. A real nuisance.
    I can open display setting, but since my act shows only on the tv, which is located in another room, all my efforts to change setting and configure my pc as the default screen failed.
    When I switch the tv off, I find no way to change the display configuration.
    How can I regain control on my pc?

chermesh, Sep 24, 2019
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Stuck with TV set as default display

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Stuck with TV set as default display - Similar Threads - Stuck set default

2. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  3. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  4. No "set as default" option in Display Languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "set as default" option in Display Languages: [ATTACH] There is only english in preferred languages place. but There isnt any other language in Display Language part. well I see that my license can only support 1 display language.. I thought its only means my other windows accounts in laptop cant use different display...
  5. Saving monitor/tv display settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saving monitor/tv display settings?: I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two settings. When I use my computer I have 2 monitors I dual screen to but when I switch to my TV I'd like to have a quick way to...
  6. how to set display settings to default

how to set display settings to default: i just installed windows 10 and somehow i got a filter of white shade on my screen it goes away when i start valorant and the screen becomes crystal clear but it becomes more zoomed pls help and show me way to reset only display settings to default it would be okay if all my...
  7. Restore all default display settings

Restore all default display settings: How can I Restore all default display settings? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-all-default-display-settings/91c002b3-d523-4101-89bb-a787be5f8e21
  8. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  9. TV Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Display: How to I connect Windows 10 laptop to display on TV using HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tv-display/085a18f1-272e-4af9-9b99-30df070b7dbc
  10. Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?: I usually logon to my email account using my Outlook.com and is there a way to reset the Display options under the Mail settings? In the Outlook email client, this can be done by selecting Reset View. But I cannot find it in the actual Outlook.com web version. 106110