Windows 10: Stuck with Windows 10 App starting up automatically

Discus and support Stuck with Windows 10 App starting up automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I used the method described here https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/5328/windows-10-tip-create-shortcuts-for-universal-apps to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nycticorax, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Stuck with Windows 10 App starting up automatically

Hello,

I used the method described here https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/5328/windows-10-tip-create-shortcuts-for-universal-apps to create a shortcut for the Telegram UWP app and get the app to start automatically upon opening my session, placing the shortcut into my C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup directory.

Now I changed my mind and I no longer want the app to start automatically. But even though I emptied the aforementioned directory, the app still starts with Windows.

Any clue how to fix this behaviour?

edit: the app does not have a 'start at launch' option.

:)

Nycticorax, Jul 13, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 13, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Stuck with Windows 10 App starting up automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stuck with Windows 10 App starting up automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Stuck with Windows 10 App starting up automatically

1. Stuck with Windows 10 App starting up automatically - Similar Threads - Stuck App starting

2. Windows 10: Stuck in Automatic Repair Error and Start Up Repair and Forgot password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Stuck in Automatic Repair Error and Start Up Repair and Forgot password: Hello Guys, I require to know how can I start my startup repair without password. I know the Hello Pin for my windows but since I haven't used tht pc for a very long time I forgot my password . Now I am Getting an Automatic Repair Error and after going forward with Start Up...
  3. App keeps launching automatically at start-up

App keeps launching automatically at start-up: I have installed Zoom but this app launches automatically taking over my screen.I don’t know how to stop it. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-keeps-launching-automatically-at-start-up/4f228a80-69ed-4535-ba8a-38170a143c71
  4. Windows 10 stuck in start up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck in start up.: I recently got windows 10 with an second additional hard drive installed. I believe it was version 1909 and it seems like the two systems were interfering with each other in a bad way(Windows 7 always detected problems with the windows 10 hard drive and the other way around)...
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair: I have this laptop that has the black screen of death, but when I go to do to the automatic start-up repair the laptop doesn't even do that. (yes, I know turning it off and on 3 times does it, but it doesn't even do that.) 151068
  6. Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up

Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up: Windows 10 is on a automatic repair loop at start up nothing wo rks in advance options can not do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-an-automatic-repair-loop-on-start-up/f2822a72-cffa-4ac2-98a1-069e5d86060b
  7. Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.

Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.: Everything was working fine, but today when I started my pc, it automatically started "Start up repair", after few minutes, it failed with error "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" Screenshot(not my PC's, but this image looks exactly like the error in my case):...
  8. Computer stuck in automatic repair, will not start on Windows

Computer stuck in automatic repair, will not start on Windows: Hi. My laptop with Windows 10 recently experienced a series of BSOD. I had first experienced a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT screen, and after restarting Windows, the computer was too slow to use normally. Then I got CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After logging into another reboot, I finally got...
  9. The computer is stuck in automatic repair, it will not start on Windows

The computer is stuck in automatic repair, it will not start on Windows: Hi. My laptop with Windows 10 recently experienced a series of BSODs. The first time I experienced a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT screen, and after restarting Windows, the computer was too slow to be used normally. Then I got CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After logging in to another restart, I...
  10. Stuck at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at start up: I upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10 when it was still a free option. When I turned it on, it stuck at the black screen with the blue windows logo. Dots circled below and never stopped. I got frustrated and put the machine aside. Now I would like to use it again. I...