Windows 10: Stuck without a UEFI image

Discus and support Stuck without a UEFI image in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all - I need some suggestions and maybe even some help from an issue I put myself in! I recently purchased a new laptop for my music production. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GriffonTheCat, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Stuck without a UEFI image

Hi all - I need some suggestions and maybe even some help from an issue I put myself in!

I recently purchased a new laptop for my music production. I have a few years of data on my old desktop’s hard drive. I wanted to make an exact image of that drive and boot it from my new laptop.

Here’s where I went wrong - I overwrote the new laptop’s OS by cloning the old drive onto the new drive and now the laptop will not boot. The drive is not even being shown as an option in the boot menu.

My understanding of the situation is that the issue happened because the old desktop boots from a legacy BIOS while the new laptop is only UEFI compatible. To my knowledge, there is not a legacy boot option on the laptop.

I’m not sure if my desktop’s board has a UEFI boot option but, if it does, I’m hesitant to try using it in case it gives me any more issues. I’m not sure how I’d go on if I had 2 dead PC’s on my hands.

So here’s what I’d mainly like to know here:

• Is there a way that I can get a fresh UEFI image of windows 10 to boot from? Even though it wouldn’t have all of my data, at least I would have a working laptop.

• Does anyone have any other ideas for options that I could try for this to work?

Any info would be extremely helpful. I’ve been working on this for a few weeks now and it’s been an extremely disheartening process

submitted by /u/GriffonTheCat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GriffonTheCat, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Aug 2, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Stuck without a UEFI image

Windows Spotlight image stuck

Hi Robin,

Windows Spotlight frequently changes the photos using
    Bing
    to provide an image-of-the-day giving everyone a fresher look every time they access their computers. This feature is dependent on the Internet connection and without it, you won’t be able to get yourself that special nature scenery.

Furthermore, we suggest following the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following commands (Wait for the process to finish before proceeding to the next steps.):
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, click Enter.
      • Sfc /scannow, click Enter.
      • Powershell, click Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
        then click Enter.
      • Restart the computer after the process.
    Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Stuck without a UEFI image

1. Stuck without a UEFI image - Similar Threads - Stuck without UEFI

2. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  3. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  4. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UEFI/BIOS version of a recovery image.

UEFI/BIOS version of a recovery image.: I need to install windows 10 on my PC, SB 2 15 inch. I plan to use a recovery image to recover the PC. However I am concerned doing so may update the UEFI/BIOS to the recent UEFI version released in April 2022. i.e. 392.72.768.0.This UEFI version blocks the downgrade of UEFI...
  6. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED: Hello! From the morning im being stucked at the BIOS screen.. Tried qlmost everything and its not working im still being stucked at it. Even updated bios through ASUS EZ FLASH 3 UTILITY through internet source and nothing happened. I saw people doing something with secure...
  7. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED: Hello! From the morning im being stucked at the BIOS screen.. Tried qlmost everything and its not working im still being stucked at it. Even updated bios through ASUS EZ FLASH 3 UTILITY through internet source and nothing happened. I saw people doing something with secure...
  8. UEFI BIOS UTILITY STUCKED

9. Stuck on UEFI BIOS SCREEN

Stuck on UEFI BIOS SCREEN: HI all wondering if someone can help me please I. Have got my son this gaming pc for Xmas today a zoomstorm onyx athlon we have spent the full day stuck on this BIOS screen when I started it up it says no media present then takes me to the Bios screen I've tried the...
  10. Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility

Stuck on UEFI BIOS Utility: Hi all - I have a Windows 10 PC running an ASUS Sabertooth X-99 motherboard. I left it exporting a large video file from Adobe Premiere Pro for a few days; when I got back, it was stuck on the UEFI BIOS Utility motherboard screen. I tried turning it off and on a few times, to...