Windows 10: stuck

Discus and support stuck in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Scanning drive L stuck at 100% complete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck/f9d826dd-cd33-4b21-b7bf-b50f298e486e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PoppaKay, Jan 12, 2019.

1. PoppaKay Win User

stuck

Scanning drive L stuck at 100% complete

:)

PoppaKay, Jan 12, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 12, 2019
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jan 12, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

stuck

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

stuck

1. stuck - Similar Threads - stuck

2. HP Laptop with Windows 10 Insider; update stuck in infinite loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop with Windows 10 Insider; update stuck in infinite loop.: Trying to update Windows 10 to the latest update. My laptop is now stuck in a loop. On POST, I get "Press escape for the startup menu" (I am dual booting Windows and Ubuntu Linux, with Windows as the default boot), then the hp logo and "Please Wait", after a couple seconds,...
  3. Lock Screen Stuck On Same Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Stuck On Same Image: I see this coming up a lot with very creative solutions. I would add one to the mix. When i would open lock screen options, the latest image would be up in picture mode. Changing picture to Windows Spotlight would stay in picture mode. Changing it twice it would look like...
  4. Computer stuck in Automatic Repair, will not boot into Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in Automatic Repair, will not boot into Windows: Hello. My Windows 10 laptop recently experienced a series of BSODs. I had first experienced a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT screen, and after Windows restarted the computer was too slow to be used normally. Then I got CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After logging in on another reboot, I...
  5. CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors": Hey guys, Recently my laptop gone nuts, it lags at times and the final time I restarted it, it engages system repair mode. Me and my wife tried several repair methods from everywhere we can find just to recover our files from being wiped out. But now we are stuck at:...
  6. Stuck to BIOS after Windows 10 update - Need to go F1, F8 then API !! ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck to BIOS after Windows 10 update - Need to go F1, F8 then API !! ??: Just proceeded to Windows update which took forever (as usual). However, this time I have a new issue. Wondering if my CPU is overheating... When I start the machine, it won't take me to Windows directly. Rather, I get the American Megatrends splash (nor so bad) then I'm...
  7. Stuck in the windows screen

Stuck in the windows screen: Hello there,recently I got a problem with my laptop,it doesn't allow me to start it up proprely,getting stuck in a weird loop of 2 welcome screens,one being the wallpaper and the other being the wallpaper displaing the current hour,date,the connection to wifi and the battery...
  8. Windows 10: Bluetooth gets stuck "connecting" every time, for any device. What gives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: Bluetooth gets stuck "connecting" every time, for any device. What gives?: Hello, Recently, I am unable to connect any Bluetooth device to my computer. The strange thing is, however, that Bluetooth is technically working, meaning that my computer searches and finds the devices I would like to connect to and identifies them by name (for example, My...
  9. Airplane mode stuck on, changed password can’t login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Airplane mode stuck on, changed password can’t login.: Firstly, I changed my password for microsoft on my phone. Then, had rebooted my Dell Inspiron 8900 in safe mode, before putting in the new password. Now, it is stuck on airplane mode at home screen. I try to login and it says the user name or password is in correct. I have...
  10. Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus scanning stuck after doing multiple full scans.: I have a glitch where the virus scanning is stuck at a specific hour and stuck at a specific number of files scan. I suppose it might be because of the last two full scans I did. The first one closed with lag, the second one stopped working because of this same exact glitch....