Windows 10: stuck

Discus and support stuck in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Scanning drive L stuck at 100% complete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck/f9d826dd-cd33-4b21-b7bf-b50f298e486e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PoppaKay, Jan 12, 2019.

1. PoppaKay Win User

stuck

Scanning drive L stuck at 100% complete

:)

PoppaKay, Jan 12, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 12, 2019
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jan 12, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

stuck

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

stuck

1. stuck - Similar Threads - stuck

2. Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart: I have a Toshiba laptop which restarted itself (no idea why) & it is now stuck on a blue please wait screen with the turning circle. It is running windows 10 but it hasn't been updated as they were failing. If I can I just want to start it in safe mode to transfer the...
  3. Encryption stuck on paused after encryption has started

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption stuck on paused after encryption has started: I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case... So just a bit of background: 1. Enterprise environment with Windows 10 1803 2. Machines are built using a task sequence in SCCM CB 1710 (in process of upgrading) 3....
  4. Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent): I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case... So just a bit of background: 1. Enterprise environment with Windows 10 1803 2. Machines are built using a task sequence in SCCM CB 1710 (in process of upgrading) 3....
  5. Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.: In setting my Windows Weather app for the first time on my new laptop, I set the app to automatically detect the location for my city (New York). But after restarting my laptop, the tile still displayed the weather and temperature for Washington, D.C. I went into my...
  6. Stuck in the blue screen troubleshooting screen after trying to system restore and our...

Stuck in the blue screen troubleshooting screen after trying to system restore and our...: Please help!!! we really messed up and i dont know what to do. i accidentally did a system recovery on our computer, not knowing it would totally reset our whole PC. i wanted to undo it so i did a system restore back to January 1, but then we encountered the blue screen...
  7. Windows 10 Feature Update 1803, stuck at 41%

Windows 10 Feature Update 1803, stuck at 41%: I have tried to do this update several times now, I have a 32GB Lenovo MIIX 320 and I have tried everything. Factory reset and update that way, attached a 2TB hard drive and still won't update. I have now put a 64GB SD card in to help and it still wont budge. I factory reset...
  8. “Scanning and repairing hard drive D: “ is stuck at 0%. Will doing this fix things ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    “Scanning and repairing hard drive D: “ is stuck at 0%. Will doing this fix things ?: If i change the hard drive that i have now with a new one , would it be considered to be fixed now ? Because my laptop is very slow at the moment and i could really make a good use of an SSD now(i have an hdd) .But does that solve the problem altogether ? I realize there...
  9. windows 10 stuck dos mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 stuck dos mode: I got scammed and now my computer is stuck in dos mode with a C:windowssystem32> prompt I can not get to my start up screen does anyone know what to type in here so I can get back to operating...
  10. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...