Windows 10: stuff dont work following windows update

Discus and support stuff dont work following windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows installed updates a few days ago. Since then, many things do not work, such as my start button, my search window on the taskbar, and many other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yossi (live.com, Aug 20, 2019.

1. stuff dont work following windows update

Windows installed updates a few days ago. Since then, many things do not work, such as my start button, my search window on the taskbar, and many other tasks on the task bar are on strike. I was connected to an expert, that told me there were issues with the update and Microsoft technicians are working on it. that was 3 days ago.

:)

yossi (live.com, Aug 20, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 20, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 20, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

stuff dont work following windows update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond stuff dont work following windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

stuff dont work following windows update

1. stuff dont work following windows update - Similar Threads - stuff dont following

2. Computer not working following update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not working following update to Windows 11: Hi! I have a Dell XPS that has worked great for me for just a couple years. When I was prompted for the latest update something went wrong. I was able to restart but then the desktop looked different and I could not click on anything for setting or the start menu.So I tried...
  3. Computer not working following update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not working following update to Windows 11: Hi! I have a Dell XPS that has worked great for me for just a couple years. When I was prompted for the latest update something went wrong. I was able to restart but then the desktop looked different and I could not click on anything for setting or the start menu.So I tried...
  4. Windows stuff dosen't work after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuff dosen't work after updating Windows 10: So my pc updated itself 3 days ago and now i can't use any of the windows related stuff like i can't open the settings, use the search bar or update my windows anymore, the only thing i can open that is windows related is microsoft store does anyone know how to repair this i...
  5. windows dont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows dont work: pretty sad we have a company that built an email system that you click on a email and reply you reply to your self and not them. Office does not work at all, windows does not work at all. Severely bggish and underdevelope but let me guess we have all these MVP's you will read...
  6. Windows 10 updates dont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates dont work: Since I have had my computer, which has been a few years now, i have had many windows updates notifications...when it goes to update it can take up to 20 mins to go through the motions until finally restoring the previous setting and when back on the desktop reminding me of...
  7. Apps not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not working following Windows update: Recently, every time I permit a Windows 10 update (twice in the last few days), non-Windows apps stop working. I can then sometimes get the apps running by uninstalling and reinstalling. This is just the latest in a long and ever-growing list of incidents since Windows 10...
  8. HDMI not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI not working following Windows update: I had my internet connections set to metred for over a year because I like to get my computer set up so it is working and then not mess with it. Recently new software was complaining that my Windows 10 build was too old, so I let it completely update. Following the updates I...
  9. Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates: Recently, following updates to Windows 10, I have not been able to receive my e-mail. Can anyone give a solution please? 100696
  10. Stuff doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuff doesn't work after update: Windows 10 just did an update on my PC Now stuff doesn't work Can't see street level view on Google Earth. Can't play Microsoft online daily challenges. I rely on Google Earth for fishing trips. It is essential. If it is not restored I will have to abandon 10. God only knows...