Windows 10: Stupid memory upgrade question

Discus and support Stupid memory upgrade question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well folks I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.....I currently have two memory bays total, and have 6 gigs in each slot for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XX007XX, Oct 24, 2020.

1. XX007XX Win User

Stupid memory upgrade question

Well folks I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.....I currently have two memory bays total, and have 6 gigs in each slot for a total of 12 gigs, I checked in command prompt to see what I can upgrade to and here is what I got-
    Stupid memory upgrade question [​IMG]

Now the stupid question-can i put 16 gig sticks in each slot for a total of 32 gigs? Or am I only stuck with putting two 8 gig sticks for that total of 16 gigs? I'm thinking the 16 gig max is the total sum of the two slots. TIA.

:)

XX007XX, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 24, 2020
  3. HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 24, 2020
  4. TVman Win User

Is it worth upgrading from 2xGTX280 to GTX480?

overlooking all of those stupid suggestions im going to ask a simple question! why do you need to upgrade the cooling on those 280s?

TVman, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Stupid memory upgrade question - Similar Threads - Stupid memory upgrade

2. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  3. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  4. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Stupid question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stupid question: I just bought a new laptop, and I want to change the lock screen to a picture from a file. I did everything you're supposed to do, but I can't find an 'ok' button, or 'save changes' button, or whatever. How do I get my changes to stick?...
  6. Sorry if this is a stupid question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorry if this is a stupid question: submitted by /u/spinelazuli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4xsfu/sorry_if_this_is_a_stupid_question/
  7. This might be a stupid question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This might be a stupid question: Does factory resetting a laptop also factory reset my pc? Windows 10 is tied to my email which is used for both laptop and pc with synced settings turn on submitted by /u/pogbxxx [link] [comments]...
  8. !! Stupid questions coming up !! :)

in Windows 10 Support
    !! Stupid questions coming up !! :): Hi. I have a surface laptop 2, i5, 256, 8gb. I have an old PC typewriter a c drive that has a ton of music making software on it. I really want to get back to making tracks and am wondering if i can use the c drive with my sl2? Can i connect it and "sandbox" it somehow? My...
  9. Windows stupid... have questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stupid... have questions: I rarely use Windows, but need it sometimes to help my children with their computer problems/needs. I have an HP dm4-3050us laptop that came with windows 7 Home. I have done the upgrade to Windows 10 and everything is working all right. The computer is dual booted with Linux...
  10. SSD upgrade and Memory compressed question

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD upgrade and Memory compressed question: Good Day, Managed to upgrade my wife's toshiba laptop to SSD. The unit has 4 Gbs of memory and when it is viewed in Task Manager is indicates the usage and some "compressed memory". I recall from the past that there is a memory setting somewhere but can no longer find it....