Windows 10: Stupid question but is the sketchy redirect website with the bad TTS telling me my computer...

Discus and support Stupid question but is the sketchy redirect website with the bad TTS telling me my computer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/my-fake-account- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6muij/stupid_question_but_is_the_sketchy_redirect/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/my-fake-account-, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Stupid question but is the sketchy redirect website with the bad TTS telling me my computer...

/u/my-fake-account-, Dec 5, 2019

2. Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 16, 2019
  3. cant access tt stopwatch app

I recently installed the "tt stopwatch" app on my Nokia 5230. I can see it in the list of installed apps but I cannot access it to use it. Any suggestions?

iggy2---01, Dec 16, 2019
  4. oemSoft Win User

Stupid question but is the sketchy redirect website with the bad TTS telling me my computer...

Why is "h:mm:ss tt" not correct time format under window 10?

"h:mm tt" is not available alternatives from drop down list under window 10.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Stupid question but is the sketchy redirect website with the bad TTS telling me my computer...

1. Stupid question but is the sketchy redirect website with the bad TTS telling me my computer... - Similar Threads - Stupid question sketchy

2. i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...: i was on a minecraft website and it redirecting me to an unsecure website called something like mcaffee, i didn’t click anything and exited out of that and will no longer be using that website but i’m worried if that could have done anything to my pc. it’s working completely...
  3. i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...: i was on a minecraft website and it redirecting me to an unsecure website called something like mcaffee, i didn’t click anything and exited out of that and will no longer be using that website but i’m worried if that could have done anything to my pc. it’s working completely...
  4. Stupid question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stupid question: I just bought a new laptop, and I want to change the lock screen to a picture from a file. I did everything you're supposed to do, but I can't find an 'ok' button, or 'save changes' button, or whatever. How do I get my changes to stick?...
  5. Stupid of me . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stupid of me . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. You know, that little yellow box. Looks like, a file folder. That sits, on the taskbar. Well I, right clicked/unpinned it. It's the gateway, to everything. How do I, get it back??? Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. Sorry if this is a stupid question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorry if this is a stupid question: submitted by /u/spinelazuli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4xsfu/sorry_if_this_is_a_stupid_question/
  7. Random popups after visiting a sketchy website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random popups after visiting a sketchy website: I recently visited a sketchy website, one where everytime you click, it opens a new tab. This time, it opened a new tab then immediately disappeared. Now I am getting random notifications from chrome. I ran a quick scan using mcAfee, but it didn't detect anything. I looked at...
  8. redirect websites

redirect websites: how can i stop thegoodcaster.com redirect on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/redirect-websites/fa4952a1-0d36-475b-9751-fc1d7c04f084
  9. website redirects

website redirects: How do I stop website redirects when I surf the web? All my Window defender particulars appear up to date and working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-redirects/ba0c7761-2df4-4335-87ba-d90e71adbade"
  10. Stupid me

Stupid me: Has anyone but me gotten that "Pro PC Cleaner" horsecrap. I run Avast, AdAware Pro, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Spyware Blaster and it STILL got through. Can't get rid of the crap. Nothing in the "Programs and Features". Not in the start up under Task Manager. Tried...