Windows 10: Stupid question

Discus and support Stupid question in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop, and I want to change the lock screen to a picture from a file. I did everything you're supposed to do, but I can't find an... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Oladeus, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Oladeus Win User

Stupid question

I just bought a new laptop, and I want to change the lock screen to a picture from a file. I did everything you're supposed to do, but I can't find an 'ok' button, or 'save changes' button, or whatever. How do I get my changes to stick?

:)

Oladeus, Apr 22, 2021

2. Stupid memory upgrade question

Hi XX007XX,

Welcome to Ten Forums.

I'd say your results are indicating 16GB max for the mobo. *Smile

16,777,216kb = 16GB

16GB/2= 8GB/slot

Mine shows the following for 32GB max;

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic memphysical get maxcapacity
    MaxCapacity33554432

I've found information that suggests the wmic facility may not be the best source. As previously mentioned, the mobo manufacturers site is likely best as they will have tested the PC and it's memory capacity.

This site has a good explanation.

Convert KB to GB

W10 Tweaker, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Hey guys, stupid question...

There most definently are stupid questions. Those are the ones not asked. *Wink Stupid question ;)

BarbaricSoul, Apr 22, 2021
  4. XX007XX Win User

Stupid question

Stupid memory upgrade question

Well folks I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.....I currently have two memory bays total, and have 6 gigs in each slot for a total of 12 gigs, I checked in command prompt to see what I can upgrade to and here is what I got-
    Stupid question [​IMG]

Now the stupid question-can i put 16 gig sticks in each slot for a total of 32 gigs? Or am I only stuck with putting two 8 gig sticks for that total of 16 gigs? I'm thinking the 16 gig max is the total sum of the two slots. TIA.

XX007XX, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Stupid question

1. Stupid question - Similar Threads - Stupid question

2. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  3. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  4. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. why do you show every body eles questions and dont let us ask our own question stupid i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why do you show every body eles questions and dont let us ask our own question stupid i...: whys my cpu stuck at a 100 my sound is in slow motion feel like im having a acid flash back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-you-show-every-body-eles-questions-and-dont/d8a6463a-70c6-49d3-bd35-8811bb249e95
  6. Stupid question, but how does one change the position of Xbox Game Bar notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stupid question, but how does one change the position of Xbox Game Bar notifications?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fander_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjybwj/stupid_question_but_how_does_one_change_the/
  7. Stupid Question: My Windows Defender doesn't exist on my PC?

Stupid Question: My Windows Defender doesn't exist on my PC?: I know it's supposed to be on the PC already, but I cannot find it anywhere. I went to the Security settings: it says 'no providers'. I uninstalled McAfee and Malwarebytes. Still no providers. It doesn't exist in the folder to turn Windows features on and off I did multiple...
  8. Stupid memory upgrade question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid memory upgrade question: Well folks I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.....I currently have two memory bays total, and have 6 gigs in each slot for a total of 12 gigs, I checked in command prompt to see what I can upgrade to and here is what I got- [img] Now the stupid...
  9. Sorry if this is a stupid question

Sorry if this is a stupid question: submitted by /u/spinelazuli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4xsfu/sorry_if_this_is_a_stupid_question/
  10. You're up to date. But also not? (probably a stupid question)

You're up to date. But also not? (probably a stupid question): [ATTACH] One of my machines gave this message to me when checking Windows update. Wha!? Winver.exe shows 1809 for this machine in particular (whereas my notebook shows 1909). I could swear these versions where upgraded through the normal operation of Windows Update (I...