Windows 10: !! Stupid questions coming up !! :)

Discus and support !! Stupid questions coming up !! :) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a surface laptop 2, i5, 256, 8gb. I have an old PC typewriter a c drive that has a ton of music making software on it. I really want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ste20man, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ste20man Win User

!! Stupid questions coming up !! :)

Hi.

I have a surface laptop 2, i5, 256, 8gb. I have an old PC typewriter a c drive that has a ton of music making software on it. I really want to get back to making tracks and am wondering if i can use the c drive with my sl2? Can i connect it and "sandbox" it somehow? My only knowledge is to clone it as it might be due to break and but a be your that will then take the new c clone drive.

Is there a best way where i can save most money?

It would be great to use the drive with my new laptop but u honestly don't know. Do you guys have any ideas?

All the best, ste

:)

ste20man, Jan 31, 2019

2. Hey guys, stupid question...

There most definently are stupid questions. Those are the ones not asked. *Wink !! Stupid questions coming up !! :) ;)

BarbaricSoul, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Gilletter Win User
    Stupid Question

This might be a stupid question... But can a CPU take out a motherboard... I've heard of motherboards taking out CPU's...? Anyone?

Gilletter, Jan 31, 2019
  4. [Ion] Win User

CPU Heatsink question

Don't feel stupid, the only stupid question is one that isn't asked. The only way to learn is by asking questions *Stick Out Tongue !! Stupid questions coming up !! :) :p
    If you don't plan on overclocking, you can safely use whatever heatsink comes with your processor, but if you do want to overclock a new heatsink such as the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 or the Scythe Mugen 2 would be a requirement (but it doesn't have to be one of the ones listed)

[Ion], Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. !! Stupid questions coming up !! :) - Similar Threads - Stupid questions coming

2. UPS Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UPS Question: Hi, I just ordered two Eaton UPS units. One for our iMac, and one for a new W10 pc that another family member uses. Haven't received them yet, but thought I'd ask now: I read that for the Mac, no need to load any of the Eaton UPS software, as it is possible to set the mac to...
  3. UPS Question

in Windows 10 Support
    UPS Question: Hi, I just ordered two Eaton UPS units. One for our iMac, and one for a new W10 pc that another family member uses. Haven't received them yet, but thought I'd ask now: I read that for the Mac, no need to load any of the Eaton UPS software, as it is possible to set the mac to...
  4. stupid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stupid: Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer...
  5. stupid

stupid: Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer...
  6. Stupid password

Stupid password: First it was when i had to make a microsoft account password and couldn't use my perfect password cause i had to have some 52037q and egdofjwgj and !_!{[¥=(@! Then it was that i had to create a password for startup sign in just to sign the pc into the microsoft account and...
  7. Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses: Hello All, My question is probably very stupid but I will pose it anyway. My current PC is a home built PC that I made in Feb. 2015. At the time that I made my computer I purchased a copy of Windows 8 (not 8.1) Home Edition, which I immediately upgraded to 8.1 and then to...
  8. Windows stupid... have questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stupid... have questions: I rarely use Windows, but need it sometimes to help my children with their computer problems/needs. I have an HP dm4-3050us laptop that came with windows 7 Home. I have done the upgrade to Windows 10 and everything is working all right. The computer is dual booted with Linux...
  9. Possibly the question that is too stupid to ask

in Windows 10 Support
    Possibly the question that is too stupid to ask: I am trying to use VMware's Vcenter to virtualize my production system which is on the same machine. To begin the process it asks for hostname or IP address, user name, and password for my real machine. Unless vVcenter is broken no matter what I put in there is always an...
  10. A Stupid Question About Windows 10 Product Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    A Stupid Question About Windows 10 Product Keys: Hello All, So I am happily running Windows 10 build 10240, and I' m loving it. There is so much talk here at The Windows Ten Forum regarding exactly what will happen on July 29th, and how each person is going to receive and activate their public release version of Windows...