Windows 10: Stupid updates and failed features

Discus and support Stupid updates and failed features in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I search for simple button, if it's not there someone really screwed up. I want to turn off auto update Also I want to turn off installing features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BananCorbarian, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Stupid updates and failed features

I search for simple button, if it's not there someone really screwed up.

I want to turn off auto update

Also I want to turn off installing features (because they don't and popup we cant install features makes me want to throw my laptop)

Windows update already killed 2 of my OSs 1 it hanged after restart HDD was locked, 2nd time it hanged but didnt locked by hdd anyhow OS was useless.

**** repairs does not work and when you need to turn off your computer but it want to make updates now and you are late somewhere because stupid computer decides for you.

I expect there is easy solution( go to settings and mark checkbox "turn off **** annoying behavior" ), not the one that requires, regedit, powershell, or using working OS like Fedora or Ubuntu.

Why I am annoyed? because I have fixed this twice, and now one of stupid auto updates broke it again, and this stupid notification appears again.

I am like Jon Snow, I don't want it. That is all.

:)

BananCorbarian, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jun 15, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Stupid updates and failed features

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Stupid updates and failed features

1. Stupid updates and failed features - Similar Threads - Stupid updates failed

2. Stupid widows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid widows update: Microsoft screwed up and corrupted my registry. I am no longer able to locate my folders and files. All downloads are hidden, whyyy? My business is totally damaged. Can I sue microsoft? I spent hours trying to fix and trying to locate my files but this stupid windows is going...
  3. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update failing: Using Microsoft endpoint to update our windows 10 machines to 20H2. Have a few machines where the update is failing. Windows updates installs the the update but then fails to complete after restart and roll backs.I have triedRunning the update troubleshooter on the...
  4. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update failing: Using Microsoft endpoint to update our windows 10 machines to 20H2. Have a few machines where the update is failing. Windows updates installs the the update but then fails to complete after restart and roll backs.I have triedRunning the update troubleshooter on the...
  5. Feature update failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Feature Update Failing

Windows Feature Update Failing: Hi, I am on Windows 10 1909 and for the past couple of months my PC has prompted me to restart to update to version 2004. Each time it fails and rolls back with error 0xC1900101. It is a fairly basic PC build with a graphics card and no other peripherals. I really don't care...
  7. Cumulative and Feature updates fail

Cumulative and Feature updates fail: I've tried all the basic run as admin, check windows update settings fixes to they and get these updates to run. I'm on 1903 but we have had this issue since 1609 where we can't update to the new version or get cumulative updates. So I am hoping someone here can shed some...
  8. UPDATE STUPIDITY

UPDATE STUPIDITY: I have tried many ways to get the update assistant to accept the fact that there is no space to had on C drive it does not accept that FACT and go on to use an external USB Drive. What does it want from me ???????...
  9. Feature update failed to install

Feature update failed to install: Hi, I have a preveious Feature update that failed to download. My OS is Win 10, Ver 1803. This was way back on the 10-08-2018 when It attempted to download and is still there being displayed. I have taken a screen copy if you want to see the details? The word error is not...
  10. 1607 Feature Update failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1607 Feature Update failed: After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update that were reported. Now I heard that a fix was finally included and decided to go ahead and allow my computer to update. It...