Windows 10: Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up

Discus and support Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is the second time an update has screwed up my computer. The first fix was easy, using system restore. But NOW, I cant do anything. Everything I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElliotCapson, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up

This is the second time an update has screwed up my computer. The first fix was easy, using system restore. But NOW, I cant do anything. Everything I try to open says "class not registered", including settings. Advanced startup options doesn't give me the options to reset or anything, just to restart. Safemode doesn't work either; when I boot to it, it says hard failure or something, and won't let me do anything. One of the worst parts is: I can't get out of safemode to save my files before I do a complete reset and start completely fresh. I used the tutorial from https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-check-system-restore-working/ and now I can't do anything, so my computer is a very expensive and important paperweight. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

ElliotCapson, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Aug 12, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up

1. Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up - Similar Threads - Stupid Updates Keep

2. W11 Keeps messing up the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Keeps messing up the time: W11 Keeps messing up the time for some reason.Some days, it works properly, and some days it changes to the wrong time multiple times.Like now. Last synchronization under settings: 3:21PC time shows: 4:12Real current time: 6:00The default "Clock" app that comes with the OS...
  3. W11 Keeps messing up the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Keeps messing up the time: W11 Keeps messing up the time for some reason.Some days, it works properly, and some days it changes to the wrong time multiple times.Like now. Last synchronization under settings: 3:21PC time shows: 4:12Real current time: 6:00The default "Clock" app that comes with the OS...
  4. Update messed up applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed up applications: Split from this thread.This latest update was not requested by me or anyone else in the building. This unsolicited update has obliterated all of my applications.Including my large financial planning SW product. The fact that the SW modules are not running tells me that they...
  5. Update messed up pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update messed up pc: I was forced to download the latest windows update. Afterwards, my computer will randomly freeze after a period of time, and I can only move the mouse cursor. I cant even bring up task manager. I am unable to uninstall the latest update...
  6. Update messed up explorer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up explorer?: Just made a clean install since this thing has been giving me a lot of errors, everything was working fine until i had to reset once to install updates, now: >Start menu wont open >Settings wont open >Cpu consuption is acting weird, shows im using 100% at 0,1 mb >If i...
  7. Stupid Camera App totally messed up my sound on my video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stupid Camera App totally messed up my sound on my video: I've been on hold with your tech support team for over a half hour. No one is answering. Your first agent suggested I restart my computer and asked about my updates THOSE ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. I have a deadline and no one is helping. I have videos on my camera--I use the...
  8. sound keeps messing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound keeps messing up: everytime I watch a movie on nextflix or anything or even a dvd on my computer the sound works for a little bit then the voices start to sound distorted and sometimes it goes to a blue screen saying ur pc ran into a problem and restarts but have virius software in my compter...
  9. Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?: I bought an HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 in July 2018. After like 2 days, my computer updated and was resarting, the hp logo finished loading but the screen remained black. I waited hours because I thought it was just loading and I should give it a chance. Nope,...
  10. 1709 Update (Messed Up WAS)

in Windows 10 Support
    1709 Update (Messed Up WAS): Looks like I have 8 errors because WAS will not start. Anybody having issues after update with WAS NOT RUNNING, If so what is the fix... Thanks... [img] [img] [img] 98249