Windows 10: stupid

Discus and support stupid in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by desperate for helpRA, Jan 5, 2019.

1. stupid

Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer

:)

desperate for helpRA, Jan 5, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

im old and stupid

You might be old, but stupid? I see no evidence for that.

Run your app with Administrator permissions:

• right-click on the app
    • select 'Run as administrator'
    • enter the password for an Administrator account when prompted.

BulldogXX, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 5, 2019
  4. cheetahfm Win User

stupid

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

stupid

1. stupid - Similar Threads - stupid

2. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  3. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  4. FIX YOUR STUPID 0x80070643 ERROR!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIX YOUR STUPID 0x80070643 ERROR!: Why has windows still not fixed this I wish we had better alternatives to windows because I'd switch in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-your-stupid-0x80070643-error/27212675-6058-4172-9f2e-1b86cba8560f
  5. FIX YOUR STUPID 0x80070643 ERROR!

FIX YOUR STUPID 0x80070643 ERROR!: Why has windows still not fixed this I wish we had better alternatives to windows because I'd switch in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-your-stupid-0x80070643-error/27212675-6058-4172-9f2e-1b86cba8560f
  6. FIX YOUR STUPID 0x80070643 ERROR!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...: see title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-that-stupid-thumbnail-that/8bff9db0-a450-43c2-b0f6-aeceb868c507
  8. How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...

How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...: see title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-that-stupid-thumbnail-that/8bff9db0-a450-43c2-b0f6-aeceb868c507
  9. Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....

Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....: I downloaded all the files off of onedrive. At least what was there. Why they were not still with my game makes no sense. And now i don't no how to add them back into the game data.Thanks for ruining my game onedrive. POS. Any help appreciated. Sooner i can get onedrive off...
  10. Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....: I downloaded all the files off of onedrive. At least what was there. Why they were not still with my game makes no sense. And now i don't no how to add them back into the game data.Thanks for ruining my game onedrive. POS. Any help appreciated. Sooner i can get onedrive off...