Windows 10: Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card.

Discus and support Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was looking at the photos from an old Compact Flash 512mb card the other day, about 100 exposures, and when I had finished looking at them, I deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Feb 14, 2017.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card.

I was looking at the photos from an old Compact Flash 512mb card the other day, about 100 exposures, and when I had finished looking at them, I deleted them with the card still connected to the pc.
    Big mistake, I'm not sure if they are backed up.
    I Have some Sandisk recovery mini cd's which came with high end SD cards, will they work with Compact Flash cards?
    Is there a better recovery method?

:)

tinmar49, Feb 14, 2017

2. Need help configuring iPAQ for wireless

You need either a combination battery pack/compact flash "sled" or holder that the IPAQ can slide into, a similar compact flash only sled or a similar PCMCIA holder.

Search on eBay.

The SD Wireless card will not work. The slot in the Ipaq 3970 doesn't use SDIO - the SD Wireless card won't work in that slot.

I have an Ipaq 3970 with an expansion battery pack/Compact Flash "sled" (P/N 249705-b21) and a wireless 802.11b compact flash card. It came with some software that I had to install on the Ipaq. Works fine, but the Ipaq is limited in browsing capabilities
    and since Win 2003 CE isn't supported is more or less a boat anchor (although a small one).

George Head, Feb 14, 2017
  3. incendios Win User
    Transfer photos from digital camera to Nokia N80?

It's a good idea but the camera only takes Compact Flash cards. Thanks for the suggestion though.

incendios, Feb 14, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Feb 15, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Feb 15, 2017
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
    Whatphoeb, Feb 15, 2017
  8. tinmar49 Win User

I have used one of the EaseUS backup programs before, so I downloaded their data recovery wizard free and tried it on the CF card.
    I have held back on actually recovering the files because it offered to recover 1.86gb from a 512mb card. Any thoughts on this?

tinmar49, Feb 15, 2017
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Not familiar with EaseUS, but it's nothing strange, that recovered files exceed media capacity. Some of them will be damaged. There are some leftovers from previous deleting actions etc. Just pick a new destination folder, don't overwrite CF card.

AndreTen, Feb 16, 2017
  10. tinmar49 Win User
    I have tried Recuva and got about 160 photo's and also tried my Sandisk Rescue PRO mini CD with the same success. I think I exceeded the free allowance with the Easus. I wasn't able to get the Testdisk to run.
    Since I thought there were 100 lost photos, 160 recovered is a good result.
    I have them backed up in three places temporarily until they get proper filing.

tinmar49, Feb 16, 2017
  11. AndreTen Win User
    *Thumbs That's good work. About Testdisk.. I've mentioned before, that inside tesdisk package you should run Protorec program (this is one just to recover photos - as the name says). Instructions are here www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Step_By_Step. You can still try it out.

AndreTen, Feb 17, 2017
  12. vgchat Win User
    What I do is send them to my phone and have it sync to google photos, which it does by itself in the background. Pretty solid way to keep track of important pictures.

vgchat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card. - Similar Threads - Stupidly deleted files

2. THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE: I have an empty file that I obviously don't want anymore so I right-click AND THERE IS NO DELETE OPTION then I try selecting the file AND I PUSH THE DELETE KEYBOARD KEY AND IT DOES NOT DELETE. So if anyone has a solution please tell me because this issue is getting on my...
  3. THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THE STUPID FILE WILL NOT DELETE: I have an empty file that I obviously don't want anymore so I right-click AND THERE IS NO DELETE OPTION then I try selecting the file AND I PUSH THE DELETE KEYBOARD KEY AND IT DOES NOT DELETE. So if anyone has a solution please tell me because this issue is getting on my...
  4. deleting old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    deleting old files: hi, so long story short, i have a small ssd so i am trying to free up some storage space. i often use a program called WinDirStat that scans my ssd and tells me exactly what type of files take up space and where. i ran it, and ended up finding 4gb of ".help" files. i am not...
  5. Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use.: Why does Old..Windows not Delete? Stupidity by Microsoft keeps old files in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-oldwindows-not-delete-stupidity-by/d2559da6-d5b7-40d2-aa1c-7cdd92c39ee8
  6. Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash: My computer is not importing photos from either of two compact flash disks. The SD card reader successfully read both cards months ago, but then stopped one week later. A camera shop was able to transfer photos from the one card that I gave them. Thinking that the issue...
  7. deleted flash drive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted flash drive files: can deleted files from a flash drive be recovered? If so how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-flash-drive-files/92e36e7f-77fc-49c0-bccd-f23130f3aff4"
  8. File list on flash memory or card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File list on flash memory or card: File Explorer Any way to get a file list that shows the files as it exists on the card/stick? For example, I initially load the stick with "John", "Mary" and "Robert" file names. Later add "Ann". My understanding is that the file sequence on the stick is then "John",...
  9. USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected: USB driver for jumpstart for compact flash not detected- I went through the device manager and uninstalled all the drives and then did an update and driver still not detected...
  10. flash card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flash card: ihave new computer down loadedfrom old one to flash card how do I down load it to new comp is hip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-card/3f36b16c-9d11-41e5-9ae7-16bb0e20a48b