Windows 10: Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition

Discus and support Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, so I stupidly Deleted a 3tb hard drive which has 2 1.5tb partitions. I have done a bit of searching and a large majority only let you recover like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlockABoots, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition

Ok, so I stupidly Deleted a 3tb hard drive which has 2 1.5tb partitions. I have done a bit of searching and a large majority only let you recover like 1gb of data being you need to buy, (minitool and lazesoft recovery suite). A fair few people recommend testdisk/Photorec or Recuva.

I have tried Photorec (as it has a gui) and it seems to finding the files/folders on the deleted partition (its still searching 3hrs and going) but from what has been found so far the directory structure doesnt seem to be intact and the file names are all number and letters, once the search has finally finished is the directory structure and files/folder names correctly restored as they were or will they always been just randomly generated names??.

This could be a problem seeings as its a 3TB drive with lots of files so im never going to know whats what if the file names are not what they used to be??.

Have also tried Recuva (which is another program a lot swear by) but I can't seem to select the drive as at the moment the whole drive is in a 'unallocated' state I didn't want to set the drive up as a 'new simple drive' in the fear of overwriting info on the drive, should I be setting the drive up or leaving it unallocated?, as Recuva doesn't appear to be able to see the drive as I'm guess it's in a unallocated state!??

Lazesoft and Minitool seem to work perfectly and have correct file names and directory structures but have to pay, before I give up on testdisk/Photorec and Recuva can anyone give any assistance that may help!?

submitted by /u/BlockABoots
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlockABoots, Feb 10, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Feb 10, 2020
  4. MatTheCat Win User

Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition

How do you recover a deleted partition on a hard drive?

I was putting together my mothers new PC (mainly my old components) and decided that her hardrives were a mess and that I was going to merge the partitions.

On one the drives, I deleted and formatted partition B, and tried to merge it with partition A, simply by extending partition A to encompass the remaining capacity on the physical drive. Much to my horror however, the end result was that the whole of the physical drive was rendered into 500GB of 'Unallocated Space'.

There was lots of very important files on that hard-drive and losing them would be totally out of the question.

Does anyone know how to go about recovering a deleted partition?

MatTheCat, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition

1. Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition - Similar Threads - Stupidly Deleted Hard

2. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  3. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  4. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  5. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Partitioning Hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partitioning Hard drive: My hard disk performance is reduced drastically. Will partion help to increase performance. My pc is old and so hard disk. I only use it to store video files and other data....
  7. Hard drive partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions: I cloned my 1TB hard drive to my 4TB hard drive and there are 2 unallocated sotrage I can allocate one but I can't do anything with the other they are at C: 930.94GB G: 1116.49GB leaving me with 1678.02GB that I can't allocate or merge with any of the other 2 or merge all 3...
  8. Help with stupidly deleting partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with stupidly deleting partitions: submitted by /u/stynsthename [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frtf0b/help_with_stupidly_deleting_partitions/
  9. hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted: the hard drive in my pc failed yesterday i managed to get almost everything back but the efi partition is lost so i can't boot into windows 10 is there anyway i can recreate it?? i use a gpt motherboard 121529
  10. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...