Windows 10: stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive

Discus and support stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hours later and it says 10% done. Can I interrupt it safely and redo it with a quick format? submitted by /u/lumpynose [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lumpynose, Apr 25, 2020.

1. stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive

Hours later and it says 10% done. Can I interrupt it safely and redo it with a quick format?

submitted by /u/lumpynose
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lumpynose, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 25, 2020
  3. timbo2410 Win User
    USB drive format

Just got a pair of 8gb usb drives. I've plugged em in and tried to format but it just comes up as "cannot format" ... any hints ... using win7 64 bit

timbo2410, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive

1. stupidly tried to format a 5t usb drive - Similar Threads - stupidly tried format

2. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  3. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  4. convert usb drive format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    convert usb drive format: I have a usb drive that was originally fat32 and I converted it to ntfs. I want to convert it back to fat32 and even though I've tried file explorer, command prompt and powershell, nothing works. I want to use it for a macbook with m1, but it doesn't recognise ntfs or exfat...
  5. Can't format USB drive in NTFS format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format USB drive in NTFS format: I have a sandisk 128gig flashdrive its in exFAT, every time i try to re format it into NTFS format it gives me an error pop up saying "windows was unable to complete the format" i need it for the extra storage space, hope anyone knows the solution. please get back to me....
  6. Formatted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatted USB Drive: I accidentally formatted a pen drive and was wondering is there any way that I can recover data & files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-usb-drive/9646d9c8-a251-44d1-8b1a-4b4132c5e0c1"
  7. usb drive format change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive format change: im trying to make my usb dive format to ntfs but when I searched up how to do it nothing was the same for my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-format-change/9314e2f1-c068-4b16-80be-1cbf214b720b
  8. USB DRIVE CANNOT BE FORMATTED

USB DRIVE CANNOT BE FORMATTED: Hi, I had purchased an iBall HYBRID Dual Pen drive but now when I am inserting it into the computer (Win 10 Home Single Lang - 64 Bit) , Windows is first asking me to format the drive. But as I click on the Format button it is displaying an Error Command that "Disk is...
  9. Formating USB drive

Formating USB drive: How can I format a USB memory to 2048 Byte size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-usb-drive/cb81e9aa-877a-4513-a175-81afae642744
  10. Format usb flash drive

Format usb flash drive: Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now. I...