Windows 10: Stutter in cursor in Windows 10 (64bit) but NOT in games (AMD RX560)

Discus and support Stutter in cursor in Windows 10 (64bit) but NOT in games (AMD RX560) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have the problem that I experience (unpredictable) stuttering/lag in my mouse cursor but in games (which can even run in a window like old Dune... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RX560, Jan 16, 2019.

1. RX560 Win User

Stutter in cursor in Windows 10 (64bit) but NOT in games (AMD RX560)

Hi,

I have the problem that I experience (unpredictable) stuttering/lag in my mouse cursor but in games (which can even run in a window like old Dune 2000) I do not have this problem.

Can somebody help me get this problem fixed?

Stuff I also tried besides AMD mail support:
    Latest AMD graphics drivers. Also with DDU (complete driver removal)
    Update motherboard drivers (SATA, LAN, audio)
    Update latest BIOS
    Windows up-to-date and also checks like SFC
    Try different mouse(s)
    Mouse is wired.
    Reinstall mouse drivers
    Change mouse program to run as Windows 7
    Freesync turned on/off. Checked monitor is in 60fps mode.
    Change power (save) mode in windows (for usb devices etc)
    Turned off all extra programs to see if it had effect on DPC latency (checker). Not.
    Disable Cortana.

My system:
    4k LG IPS Scherm (at 10bpc) with Freesync on
    AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad Core
    AMD RX 560 (version 19.1.1)
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit (up-to-date) on a SSD (Crucial).
    8 GB working memory
    4TB HDD for documents
    SSD (Samsung also documents)

:)

RX560, Jan 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 16, 2019
  3. XiaHou Win User
    Windows 10 and cursor stuttering

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 about one year ago. The problems started about 3-4 months ago. My cursor starts to stutter, like missing and skipping some movements of my mouse. It's not so much about lag, as cursor isn't doing any "old commands". Only
    thing that works is unplugging and plugging again the mouse. This is getting extremely annoying especially when it is about gaming. Seems like the problem arises the most during those.

And I do not have any realtek stuff on my computer, so no FMAPP either.

Also it happens with every mouse.

XiaHou, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Stutter in cursor in Windows 10 (64bit) but NOT in games (AMD RX560)

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Stutter in cursor in Windows 10 (64bit) but NOT in games (AMD RX560)

1. Stutter in cursor in Windows 10 (64bit) but NOT in games (AMD RX560) - Similar Threads - Stutter cursor 64bit

2. Stuttering in Games - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering in Games - Windows 10: Stuttering in games, and bad performance. What i have tried. Changing the Settings From High to Low in games like CSGO, Valorant, League of Legends doesn't improve my fps or the stuttering. I have these random stutters during the games. On this rig my LOL fps is not going...
  3. Stuttering in Games - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering in Games - Windows 10: Stuttering in games, and bad performance. What i have tried. Changing the Settings From High to Low in games like CSGO, Valorant, League of Legends doesn't improve my fps or the stuttering. I have these random stutters during the games. On this rig my LOL fps is not going...
  4. cursor stutters nonstop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor stutters nonstop: Hey, out of nowhere, when I lunched my PC I saw my cursor stuttering!, at first I thought that the pc might just not be lunched properly yet so I ignored it, afterwards when I lunched an fps game, my aim was stuttering too!, thats when I got worried and tried to fix it on my...
  5. cursor stutters nonstop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor stutters nonstop: Hey, out of nowhere, when I lunched my PC I saw my cursor stuttering!, at first I thought that the pc might just not be lunched properly yet so I ignored it, afterwards when I lunched an fps game, my aim was stuttering too!, thats when I got worried and tried to fix it on my...
  6. Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game: I haved stuttering lately, my older pc doesn't do that at least I haven't seen it happening. Old pc: an i5 7760K with 32GB ram at 2666MHz and an SSD Samsung, Radeon RTX480/8GB with windows 10 pro, that thing cost me close to 1500 euros back when I did it in 2015. New pc: it...
  7. cursor stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor stuttering: my cursor stutters when a software is lagging. and its very annoying especially when playing minecraft bedrock. the cursor just stutters for a split second and goes back to normal. this happens so many times...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 stuttering cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 stuttering cursor: When im playing minecraft the mouse movement is stuttering when slightly losing fps. pls help me fix cuz this is very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-stuttering-cursor/76314342-03d8-4cc7-9623-1645cfada5aa
  9. Screen & Cursor Stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen & Cursor Stuttering: I woke up this morning to find that upon moving my cursor, it would stutter about every 1-2 seconds very briefly. I was frustrated and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new drive. Everything seemed fine for a while, but the problem showed back up after I tried to reinstall my...
  10. Windows 10 and games are stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and games are stuttering: Hey, I have a Asus ROG GL553ve Gaming laptop. Recently I updated my windows 10 and updated other intel drivers using Intel driver & support assistant. IRST got installed on my laptop too from intel DSA and from then onwards I’m experiencing stuttering on my windows and all my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc latency checker rx 560

2. start getting some sort of stuttering of my cursor and my screen

3. cursor stuttering windows 10