Windows 10: Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts

Discus and support Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Image shows profile of my older PC. Recent upgrade to Win10pro seemed to bring on severe audio stuttering. Whether from sound file on disc or from Web.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kupuna, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Kupuna Win User

Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts

Image shows profile of my older PC. Recent upgrade to Win10pro seemed to bring on severe audio stuttering. Whether from sound file on disc or from Web.
    I use only Bluetooth audio. Headphones and a n Oontz Angle.
    I am truly "snowed" by the audio jargon. I know my way around Task Manager, etc. but I don't know how to accomplish anything with sound drivers or Bluetooth versions.
    I'd really appreciate someone getting me started on troubleshooting. Thank you.
    Win10 Pro V2004

:)

Kupuna, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Kupuna Win User

Is there more information I should get from this app?

Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Kupuna, Oct 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Thank you for your reply.

Interesting- your stutter, fortunately, is not due to latency.

Task manager screenshot thus:

Again
    - what build of Windows were you using before the upgrade and before this problem started?

Also see OldNavyGuy's post #4 ref. using driver versions as supplied for your MOBO where available.

Please try a non-bluetooth audio device- when using that, do you experience any stutter?

Note: you've not specified your exact build number which can be significant:

** please see this on 2004 bluetooth stutter issues:
    Bluetooth problems since latest update

Have you received a driver or Windows build update as a result of upgrading to Pro?

dalchina, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Kupuna Win User

Image shows profile of my older PC. Recent upgrade to Win10pro seemed to bring on severe audio stuttering. Whether from sound file on disc or from Web.
    I use only Bluetooth audio. Headphones and a n Oontz Angle.
    I am truly "snowed" by the audio jargon. I know my way around Task Manager, etc. but I don't know how to accomplish anything with sound drivers or Bluetooth versions.
    I'd really appreciate someone getting me started on troubleshooting. Thank you.
    Win10 Pro V2004

Kupuna, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts - Similar Threads - Stuttering audio need

2. Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix: Hey Again, I've just realized that my computer has been making popping and skipping sounds from my headphones and I've checked the driver updates and nothing has changed and used LatencyMon and it appears to be an network issue or it might be something else, if you would...
  3. Audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stuttering: Hello, I have this problem for like 6+ months. Started back in 2019. When I watch youtube/twitch streams I have weird audio stutter for like 1s, the video doesnt lag out, but the audio cuts off/stutter and has weird like robotic sound TRRRRR. I started having this problem on...
  4. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: Audio stuttering Hello, so I have this problem since last year. This problem started on my old computer on windows 7, then I upgraded there to windows 10 but problem didnt fix. So I have this problem for quite long, and cant find solution. So when I watch youtube video's or...
  5. Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows: See, I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my laptop. My laptop has two storage devices, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD. My question is, if I select the [Clean Install] option for reinstalling Windows from an Installation Media, will it...
  6. Stuttering Audio.

Stuttering Audio.: Hi, I have stuttering audio, and have tested it to rule out audio hardware and software. The situation is as follows; -Stuttering occurs at random intervals -Stuttering occurs in VLC, Youtube, Ableton Live, Reaper, Renoise, etc. -Stuttering is visible on the VU meters of...
  7. Need clarification for Windows Age restriction

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need clarification for Windows Age restriction: I am setting up Child account in Windows. I selected 'Allowed apps and games for 12 years Old' [ATTACH] I was expected they will show me all Apps / Games under the age 12 but while I checked it shows me allowed items as 12 years and up. I don't understand why do they...
  8. Need some clarification about WSUS server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some clarification about WSUS server: After reading lots of articles I need still clarification about some basic facts: At first: There is a "normal" built-in Windows Updates service available in ALL Win10 versions. Beside this "basic" update mechanism there is a so called "WSUS" service. This is a separate...
  9. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender: Hi All, I was looking into the MPlogs of Windows Defender & I came across this events:- 2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan status: \Drive\sap\dev_krnlreg. Process: (unknown), Status: 0xc000004b, State: 0, ScanRequest #1669368, FileId:...
  10. Audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stuttering: I could solve my audio stuttering setting the Minimal processor state at 100% in power options. [img] Since I don't think this is a proper solution I would like to hear some ideas about how can I solve this without keeping my processor at 100% all the time. Edit:...