Windows 10: Stuttering Audio.

Discus and support Stuttering Audio. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have stuttering audio, and have tested it to rule out audio hardware and software. The situation is as follows; -Stuttering occurs at random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheDarkInstallz, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Stuttering Audio.

Hi,

I have stuttering audio, and have tested it to rule out audio hardware and software. The situation is as follows;

-Stuttering occurs at random intervals

-Stuttering occurs in VLC, Youtube, Ableton Live, Reaper, Renoise, etc.

-Stuttering is visible on the VU meters of audio software upon playing back samples and midi controlled instruments (which proves it is not audio hardware related).

- I have tried various audio drivers; ASIO, ASIO4ALL, onboard Realtek, even outed the audio through my LG monitor. Nothing changed the situation, so I reckon this is a Windows issue, rather than a 3rd party driver issue.

This started from today. I checked the update log and I see a Windows Defender Malware update was run through today (02/03/2020).

Has anyone else been experiencing this, or does anyone have any clue what it might be?

submitted by /u/TheDarkInstallz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheDarkInstallz, Mar 2, 2020
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Audio Stutter

Hello Dave,

Since after performing the recommended troubleshooting steps, we highly recommend contacting your device manufacturer for further assistance regarding your audio stutter concern.

Regards.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 2, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Stuttering Audio.

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

"High Definition Audio" suggests you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver rather than the correct sound hardware driver. If this is the case, install the correct sound driver as step 1.

fireberd, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Stuttering Audio.

1. Stuttering Audio. - Similar Threads - Stuttering Audio

2. Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10: Hello,Recently I got this problem were whenever I play a song or a video in youtube the audio just stutters randomly for no reason...Now I tried all the solutions and techniques from various threads,forums and youtube videos but none of it worked...and one more, I recently...
  3. Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10: Hello,Recently I got this problem were whenever I play a song or a video in youtube the audio just stutters randomly for no reason...Now I tried all the solutions and techniques from various threads,forums and youtube videos but none of it worked...and one more, I recently...
  4. Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games: Hello!I am currently having a very annoying issue where my entire computer stutters and then crashes upon loading high-intensity games such as Cyberpunk or Fortnite. I have no clue what has caused this issue, but I can rule out there being a RAM issue as I ran the memory...
  6. Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games

Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games: Hello!I am currently having a very annoying issue where my entire computer stutters and then crashes upon loading high-intensity games such as Cyberpunk or Fortnite. I have no clue what has caused this issue, but I can rule out there being a RAM issue as I ran the memory...
  7. Bluetooth audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio stuttering: I have recently been having issues with my bluetooth headsets. I thought it was one set, but changed and still have the issue. The audio stutters when coming through them but when using my regular speakers, or wired headphones it works fine. I am on Windows 11. I have checked...
  8. Bluetooth audio stuttering

Bluetooth audio stuttering: I have recently been having issues with my bluetooth headsets. I thought it was one set, but changed and still have the issue. The audio stutters when coming through them but when using my regular speakers, or wired headphones it works fine. I am on Windows 11. I have checked...
  9. Audio stuttering after wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stuttering after wake: Hi,I've been suffering from this issue for a long while now.When watching videos there's an audio stutter usually accompanied with an electrical noise once every 5-10 seconds.This only happens once the computer wakes back up from sleep. There is not any problem after a fresh...
  10. Audio stuttering after wake

Audio stuttering after wake: Hi,I've been suffering from this issue for a long while now.When watching videos there's an audio stutter usually accompanied with an electrical noise once every 5-10 seconds.This only happens once the computer wakes back up from sleep. There is not any problem after a fresh...