Windows 10: Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10

Discus and support Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Freshly build PC was working fine till May updates. Since then all games were unplayable on 1803. Tried to uninstall updates, reinstall drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MY_P, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MY_P Win User

Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10

Freshly build PC was working fine till May updates.

Since then all games were unplayable on 1803. Tried to uninstall updates, reinstall drivers, borrowed few pc parts from a friend - nothing seemed to work.

Then at 07.06.2019 I instaled 1903 from Windows Insider program. Not a clean install, just upgrade - worked like a charm. But it was not a happy ending, I could delay updates only for 7 days, left home for few days (PC was still in use by my GF for her work) I came back at 17th, !@#$ - it happens all over again, check everything - seems fine, look at update history - 16th Windows got updated. FML.

Noticed that here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...h-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/

The only thing that seems to somehow ease the pain of it (not make it completly gone) is app that cleans cached memory, which is not in use: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/fix-game-stutter-on-win-10-1703-1809.420251/ .

But there are few questions left:

Do Microsoft knows about this problem?

Why the F thier updates get !@#$ broken?

Do I really have to get back to use Win7 in order to terminate any updates? IDGS about all new functions when basic functionality of PC gets F'ed.

Right now I use: 1903, 18362.145 - any idea how to get and install some other version to get my PC back up and running?

If I try to do this with same install file it wants to do full clean installation, and I've got so much stuff that I don't want to download again.

For support answers: YES, I CHECKED EVERYTHING BEFORE POSTING, U RESPONDED TO A TON OF SIMILIAR POSTS - SAME RESULTS - PROBLEM STILL EXIST, NOT A HARDWARE OR DRIVERS FAULT.

***Titled Modified from: Windows 10 Stutters***

:)

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 25, 2019
  3. games stuttering

dear support

am pc gamer and play too much games

i play games all time, suddenly i open a game and found that the camera when moving is stuttering while the fps is 50 and its not dropping.

all games like this, i though its about the windows and i make reset for my pc.

i tried the games after reset and its working normally without any stuttering.

after 2 days the games become stuttering again.

i have windows 10 pro version 1709

CPU: intel core i7-4800qm

Nvidia gtx880m

RAM:16GB

all games old or new is same issue!!

Moved thread from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

majedraheel, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10

Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10

1. Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stuttering display while

2. game stutters while gaming online for awhile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game stutters while gaming online for awhile: Hello,I've posted this issue before. I thought the problem was fixed but the issue came up again. When I game offline, all my games run smoothbut not always, but when I play games online, I get micro stutters almost like motion blur like stuttering, and the micro stutters add...
  3. game stutters while gaming online for awhile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game stutters while gaming online for awhile: Hello,I've posted this issue before. I thought the problem was fixed but the issue came up again. When I game offline, all my games run smoothbut not always, but when I play games online, I get micro stutters almost like motion blur like stuttering, and the micro stutters add...
  4. Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.: Every now and again while I'm playing games Modern warfare 2, Grounded etc. my pc will cut the audio in and out and lag making any videos or music I have in the background buffer/stutter, however this does not completely freeze my pc as I'm able to alt tab as well as open my...
  5. Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.

Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.: Every now and again while I'm playing games Modern warfare 2, Grounded etc. my pc will cut the audio in and out and lag making any videos or music I have in the background buffer/stutter, however this does not completely freeze my pc as I'm able to alt tab as well as open my...
  6. PC Display keeps freezing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Display keeps freezing while playing games: I've been having a problem recently where at random times whenever I play games in windowed or borderless windowed mode my display will keep freezing for a second at specific intervals continuously. Interestingly enough, it is only the display that freezes. The game itself...
  7. PC Display keeps freezing while playing games

PC Display keeps freezing while playing games: I've been having a problem recently where at random times whenever I play games in windowed or borderless windowed mode my display will keep freezing for a second at specific intervals continuously. Interestingly enough, it is only the display that freezes. The game itself...
  8. Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA): I don't know what's causing this, I really hope it's not my GPU as that's only a few months old, but the screen will turn black for a second, then come back on, while playing various games. Sometimes it won't happen for a few days, other times it does it 3 or 4 times during...
  9. video stutters while playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    video stutters while playing: My completely new laptop Surface Pro doesn’t want to play video files properly. It looks like the video file starts to shutters and is played at 0.25x speed. This occurs once in a while and the only thing I can do to solve the problem is to restart the laptop....
  10. Screeching And Stuttering While Playing Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Screeching And Stuttering While Playing Audio: This happens in VLC and also ingame (Call of Duty WWII for example). I tried many methods to no avail. Just to make sure, I check system usage from Task Manager and there is no shortage of resources. 104943