Windows 10: Stuttering during games, 100% disk usage

Discus and support Stuttering during games, 100% disk usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, So whenever I'm playing intensive games like warzone or escape from tarkov, roughly once a minute my PC will freeze for a few seconds. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LukeRobinson64, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Stuttering during games, 100% disk usage

Hi,

So whenever I'm playing intensive games like warzone or escape from tarkov, roughly once a minute my PC will freeze for a few seconds. This problem doesn't occur when playing less intensive games like CS:GO or rocket league.

I monitored this with task manager and when the freezing occurs, Disk 0 the SSD where the games are stored spikes to 100%, and due to this the CPU, WiFi, GPU all drop to 0% for the period of the freezing. GPU doesn't seem to be overloaded as it runs between 30-60% usage. RAM usage is quite high at around 80% but never seems to reach 100%.

Does anyone know what may be causing this, and a possible fix?

My specs:CPU: i5-4960k @ 4.2GHz overclock // GPU: 1060 6GB // Motherboard: ASUS VII Ranger // Storage: x2 220GB Crucial SSD // RAM: 8GB DDR3 HyperX

:)

LukeRobinson64, Feb 15, 2021

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Stuttering during games, 100% disk usage

HDD Read Write Stutter with click sound. Usage goes to 100% every stutter?

System:

• Processor : Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
    • Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
    • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro
    • Harddisk: Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 1 TB 7200RPM

I HAVE REPLACED MY HDD WARRANTY 4 TIMES that the seller is thinking I am trying to intentionally break it.
    My HDD sometimes produced "clicking" sound. Every time the sound comes up, this is what happened:

1. Every program (music player) or games (while loading) stopped.
    2. The HDD Stopped Spinning and immediately start spinning again.
    3. In Task Manager, HDD Usage went full 100% with write and read at 0 Kb/s.
    4. It takes almost always the same amount of time every click to be responsive again.
    5. Sometimes fixed by hot unplugging the power cable and replugging it to HDD

THIS HDD IS 3 DAYS OLD. I have just exchanged it for warranty 3 days ago and this symptoms is always happening to all every HDD I exchanged. When this happen, it keep stuttering and clicking until about an hour. This only happen on heavy load (game updating, software downloading).
    Things I have tried:

1. I have tried this suggestion: Disk usage goes to 100%
    2. Ran HD Tune Pro Trial to check for error block and 100% safe
    3. CrystalDiskMark reads OK for every aspect. Power on hours is only 70 Hours.
    4. Bought and put up Stabilizer and UPS Before putting this HDD
    5. Install and update Motherboard's driver

I have ran out of clues. What should I do?

Wiryandi P., Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Stuttering during games, 100% disk usage

1. Stuttering during games, 100% disk usage - Similar Threads - Stuttering during games

2. 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage: My laptop takes 100% in HDD memory when i have Windows SO, i install previous windows 8 and the problem still going on, i got this specifications: [ATTACH] And my task manager shows this: [ATTACH] thank you for your attention.....
  3. 100% Disk usage on startup and games with SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk usage on startup and games with SSD: I've been having this issue with my desktop where it will be fairly slow/unresponsive during startup and on loading screens for games. I've noticed by looking in task manager that the disk usage spikes to 100% during this, which seems strange. There's also some slowdown...
  4. Disk Usage 100% During Download

Disk Usage 100% During Download: Tried Disabling Superfetch, DiagTrac, Removed Some of the Bloatware, Disabled Flash, Updated Win10 to 1909, Used Multiple Browsers, etc, restarted, checked the health of the hard drive, Disabled almost all StartUps. It was before this month; any help would be appreciated...
  5. 100% disk usage when gaming

100% disk usage when gaming: [ATTACH] Hello, I know that there are a ton of postings about this but i have been trying to get rid of this problem for half a year now. When playing games that were located on my hdd, my hdd it used to randomly jump to 100% usage. As of late, my ssd gets to 100% usage...
  6. 100% disk usage when gaming

100% disk usage when gaming: Hello, I have this problem for half a year now. When playing games, my hdd jumps to 100% but it also happens to my ssd if the game is downloaded there. Makes it impossible to game. Game freezes, System freezes, game sound bugged etc. I have this problem for half a year now....
  7. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  8. Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.

Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.: Hi my disk is at 100%. Attached in the link is the recording of it using the windows performance recorder. I have got a new hard drive, complete reset, updated drivers, stopped superfetch and windows search, and updated my bios. I do not know what else to try. My computer...
  9. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  10. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. escape from tarkov high hdd usage