Windows 10: Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

Discus and support Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is due to hardware, Windows 10 OS, or drivers, but I have found similar reports after a bit of internet searching. I have Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasEsposito, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

I'm not sure if this is due to hardware, Windows 10 OS, or drivers, but I have found similar reports after a bit of internet searching.

I have Dell Precision 3510 laptop with switchable AMD graphics. I also have 2 additional 1600x1200 monitors connected with DVI through a Dell E-series docking station. When I configure a 2nd or 3rd monitor to extend my desktop across multiple monitors, I experience stuttering EXACTLY every 5 seconds, the interval being confirmed with a stopwatch (easiest to observe when video is playing). The stutter is more severe when I extend the desktop across 3 monitors rather than 2 monitors, but in both cases, it occurs EXACTLY every 5 seconds. When I extend across only 2 monitors, the stutter occurs no matter if I use the laptop's built-in display and 1 external monitor, or disable the laptop display and use both external monitors.

To my knowledge I am currently using Intel graphics and haven't tried to reproduce the issue with AMD graphics enabled.

What could be going on?

:)

ThomasEsposito, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2018
  3. legalstu Win User
    Multiple Docking Stations

I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc...

legalstu, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

1. Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station - Similar Threads - Stuttering every seconds

2. I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble...: Dell Inspirion 500 Windows 10 Was having trouble with Sound this AM and found it was a problem wieh lap top connected to docking station tried unconnecting and reconnecting docking station (HDMI connection) and now I am just duplicating screen versus extending. In fact the...
  3. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator. When this...
  4. Connect second monitor

Connect second monitor: Dear Admin, I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10. could you please help me? thank you Best Regards, Giovanni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connect-second-monitor/0991fb4a-7a2c-496b-ac11-7b06a587f170
  5. Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse with TB16 docking station, ok without docking station

Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse with TB16 docking station, ok without docking station: I have a Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse, Dell XPS 15 plenty of horsepower, on TB16 docking station. When the laptop starts having some CPU activity the mouse lags big time, unusable. Do not exhibit the problem without the docking station. Tried delete and reinstall of drivers...
  6. Multiple Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Docking Stations: I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc......
  7. Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors: I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10 39717
  8. can I use a docking station?

can I use a docking station?: Like more than a few others I'm plagued with "not enough controller resources" when trying to add peripherals. My Dell XPS 8700 has six 3.0 and four 2.0 USB ports. But with a USB printer, router, wireless keyboard and mouse, two external DVD writers (for copying between...
  9. Docking station detection problem

Docking station detection problem: Hi I have bought Gold Touch HDDS-U3 docking station, I plugged both usb cables to the computer (one to SSUsb port and one to regular port), waiting for 30 minutes while it was turn off (for battery charging). After that I insert a 3.5' HDD and turn it on. Nothing happen....
  10. Stutter every two seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stutter every two seconds: My computer sometimes starts to--every two seconds--stutter for like a split second no matter what I'm doing. This is the entire desktop and it goes right over into making videos and games stutter like that, making things unplayable and videos a headache to watch. This...