Windows 10: Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

Discus and support Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is due to hardware, Windows 10 OS, or drivers, but I have found similar reports after a bit of internet searching. I have Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasEsposito, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

I'm not sure if this is due to hardware, Windows 10 OS, or drivers, but I have found similar reports after a bit of internet searching.

I have Dell Precision 3510 laptop with switchable AMD graphics. I also have 2 additional 1600x1200 monitors connected with DVI through a Dell E-series docking station. When I configure a 2nd or 3rd monitor to extend my desktop across multiple monitors, I experience stuttering EXACTLY every 5 seconds, the interval being confirmed with a stopwatch (easiest to observe when video is playing). The stutter is more severe when I extend the desktop across 3 monitors rather than 2 monitors, but in both cases, it occurs EXACTLY every 5 seconds. When I extend across only 2 monitors, the stutter occurs no matter if I use the laptop's built-in display and 1 external monitor, or disable the laptop display and use both external monitors.

To my knowledge I am currently using Intel graphics and haven't tried to reproduce the issue with AMD graphics enabled.

What could be going on?

:)

ThomasEsposito, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2018
  3. legalstu Win User
    Multiple Docking Stations

I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc...

legalstu, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station

1. Stuttering every 5 seconds with multiple monitors connected through docking station - Similar Threads - Stuttering every seconds

2. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  3. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  4. Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop: Hi there, I just purchased an MSI Crosshair and my USB-C docking station does not connect. I hear a beep and then another beep but my 2nd and 3rd monitors will not connect. I have an Acer predator that it works perfect on. The docking station is Mokin Model no. MOUC3310 11...
  5. Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended monitors will not connect through docking station on MSI Crosshair laptop: Hi there, I just purchased an MSI Crosshair and my USB-C docking station does not connect. I hear a beep and then another beep but my 2nd and 3rd monitors will not connect. I have an Acer predator that it works perfect on. The docking station is Mokin Model no. MOUC3310 11...
  6. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  7. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  8. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

9. Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station: I'm attempting to connect my laptop docking station with 2 monitors. When I close the laptop lid, both monitors go black. Can anyone help me with the connection process? I'm a work from home employee and trying to connect so I can work...
  10. Multiple Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Docking Stations: I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus monitor stuttering connected to docking station

2. docking station stutter