Windows 10: Stuttering & fps drop in games 4 consecutive months with No Fix

Discus and support Stuttering & fps drop in games 4 consecutive months with No Fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't take it anymore. 4 months in a row with absolutely no fix. Even the updates did not fix one thing, updated drivers did not help either,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NefariusShady, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Stuttering & fps drop in games 4 consecutive months with No Fix

I can't take it anymore. 4 months in a row with absolutely no fix. Even the updates did not fix one thing, updated drivers did not help either, reinstalling windows did not help, I have reinstalled my windows several times with no fix, what the hell is going on?? Those from Nvidia Forum and Support do not help either, from the forum someone told me that I have a broken hardware but how that I know that is is broken? My pc runs absolutely fine but if I play for some time the stutter and fps drop occurs per split-second in any games and no either BSOD from this problem. Just this most annoying S

:)

NefariusShady, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Dull Byte Win User

Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

After this new years update, I noticed that my games have been getting frame drops and stuttering. I have a NVIDIA GEforce 1070 and I was able to run games such as CS:GO or League of Legends smoothly before the new year. However, after the recent Windows
    10 update, my computer can't handle the games well. For example, League of Legends ran at 144 fps (I capped it there) and constantly ran at 144 fps before the new year. However, after the new year update, my League fails to consistently run 144 fps, drops
    down to even 90 sometimes, and there is a lot of frame stuttering that is inhibiting my ability to play the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

PenguinYuki, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Stuttering & fps drop in games 4 consecutive months with No Fix

Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

This is a well documented problem that microsoft is trying to ignore. I have this stuttering and low fps problem on every single one of my windows 10 machines, and many of my friends. I have had this problem on and off for the last two years. See this nvidia
    forum with over 200 pages of people with the same problem.

{{MetaTags.og.title}}

MesotheliomaCompensation, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Stuttering & fps drop in games 4 consecutive months with No Fix

1. Stuttering & fps drop in games 4 consecutive months with No Fix - Similar Threads - Stuttering fps drop

2. Getting stutters rarely in game with no fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting stutters rarely in game with no fps drops: im playing some games and it supper smooth but valorant will randomly stutter but I have no frame drops it happens rarely but still annoying...
  3. Getting stutters rarely in game with no fps drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting stutters rarely in game with no fps drops: im playing some games and it supper smooth but valorant will randomly stutter but I have no frame drops it happens rarely but still annoying...
  4. Games permanently dropped fps, fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games permanently dropped fps, fix?: HiSo Ive hit rock bottom with my laptop I really love my lappy as its my firstTo summarize the long story, Im a casual gamer and my games suddenly dropped from 100-200 fps depending on the games to 30-60. I usually just play genshin impact, dragon age inquisition, monster...
  5. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  6. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  7. FPS drop and stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drop and stutter: Dell G7 7588 Windows 10 Version: 1909 OS Build: 1836.1316 BIOS: 1.14.0 Processor: i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 12 CPU GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design, 8GB RAM: 16GB Problem: FPS drops and stuttering when playing Overwatch I haven't played Overwatch for 3 months+,...
  8. FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS: Eveytime when i play a game my fps drops and stutters of lot.And i don't know how to fix it.And i was using my pc for 2 months.Could you help me fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-drops-and-stutters/1b0a26e1-f4aa-4258-8042-c564217d0973
  9. Issues with stuttering/fps drops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with stuttering/fps drops: There is a TLDR at the end of this post but please read this thoroughly! Hi! Thank you in advance for reading and thinking along with me. I have some stuttering (no monitor issues) going with my laptop. It happened a few days ago and since then it's becoming really a...
  10. Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft has pushed hard for Gaming on Windows 10 PCs. Every update has got something for gamers, but it’s not without hiccups and issues around gaming. One of the major problems reported by users is Game Stuttering with FPS drops for [...] This post Fix Game...