Windows 10: Stuttering hell at all games

Discus and support Stuttering hell at all games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I will try to be brief on my current situation and I am just leaving this in here in hopes any person could ever help me. Basically, my PC gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Comprehensive-Past-5, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Stuttering hell at all games

I will try to be brief on my current situation and I am just leaving this in here in hopes any person could ever help me. Basically, my PC gaming experience is hell, ALL games, all of my games, does not matter how demanding it is nor not, stutter on my computer, one way or the other, these stutter consist on frametime spikes, small pauses my computer makes while playing the game, as if the computer took "rests" everytime I play, does not what the game settings are at all. I Things 've tried:

Fps lock, fps unlocked

RivaTuner

V-sync, no v-sync

Full screen optimizations on and off

Disabling Spectre&Meltdown

Borderless, Window modes, Fullscreen, 60 Hz mode, 75 Hz mode

Standby memory list fix

Windows tweaks (literally all of them)

Games on SSD, HDD, viceversa

Reinstalling Windows, trying different versions (1903, 1809, 1803...)

Ran benchmarks, storage health programs, all is green

DPC Latency is normal, no black or red bars.

Temp reports are normal

Tried different drivers

Max performance power plan

Tried to change some BIOS settings to no avail

There is no way to fully stop this. In the past I've tried to make more complex posts, but I just need some guidance, so I just go straight to the point. I don't know if it is Windows, my PC finally dying or what. This is extremely frustrating, only very, very light games don't stutter or super old games, any game that demands something from the system WILL stutter at some point. GAMES WILL STUTTER AT LOW, MEDIUM OR HIGH SETTINGS. Most are borderline unplayable, I just cope with the stutter to be honest. After I clean installed Windows 10 1803 and changed to 1809, somehow seem to make matters much, much worse. But how can a Windows version be this bad? I mean, everyday users just update and their system works as expected. One of my favorite games ever, The Division 2 is now unplayable for me, when before it was the smoothest games on my computer, by far. This makes me want to cry, seeing everything falling apart... Same for SW: Battlefront 2, probably one of my favorite MP PvP games ever, is now very hard to play.

My system, even if its old, is not a piece of sh** and as a reference, 2 friends of mine with similar rigs, but using an i5 CPU say their games run perfectly fine. One is using Windows 10 1703 and the other fella just keeps updating and does not report any problems. I am currently still using Windows 10 1809 because I don't know what to do. In general, I'ved asked some people how they think their computer is and they say its fine gaming-wise.

This is my computer:

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33

Core i7 4770

8GB of RAM in Dual Channel

EVGA GTX 1060

3 SSD's (2 of 128GB, one of 256GB), 1 mechanical HDD of 1TB

EVGA 600 watt PSU

I also use a UPS to keep voltage spikes at bay.

I am out of ideas, I don't know what to do, I sometimes think PC gaming is not for me, the amount of frustrations I've faced due to not being able to play anything these last months has to be one of the darkest chapters in my life. Soon I will probably stop gaming altogether and just get a console or something. Even games that were fine before or even, that ran great, run horrible now.

submitted by /u/Comprehensive-Past-5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Comprehensive-Past-5, Sep 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 7, 2020
  3. High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Stuttering hell at all games

Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Stuttering hell at all games

1. Stuttering hell at all games - Similar Threads - Stuttering hell games

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games: Hello. I've been having stutters in all games I play for about 4 days alerady. Been trying to fix them for 4 days too. At first I had some stutters in only Dakride and I thought that his is just a flaaw of the patch, nothing more. Then I've started to hear a single...
  5. Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games

Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games: Hello. I've been having stutters in all games I play for about 4 days alerady. Been trying to fix them for 4 days too. At first I had some stutters in only Dakride and I thought that his is just a flaaw of the patch, nothing more. Then I've started to hear a single...
  6. Fullscreen games to desktop HELL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen games to desktop HELL: Hi all, I am at my wits end with this issue that I am having with my PC, so I'm posting here to see if I can get some advice/tips/guidance, before I unleash Thor's hammer on this thing. EDIT – UPDATES Below – will continue to update until resolved So hardware specs: OS:...
  7. Fullscreen games to desktop HELL

Fullscreen games to desktop HELL: Hi all, I am at my wits end with this issue that I am having with my PC, so I'm posting here to see if I can get some advice/tips/guidance, before I unleash Thor's hammer on this thing. EDIT – UPDATES Below – will continue to update until resolved So hardware specs: OS:...
  8. Stuttering problem after update fking hell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuttering problem after update fking hell: So i am playing games like nba2k and f1 with ultra low settings with my laptop with no problem since i added ram and games are on ultra low. After a software update just now, games are stuttering like crazy, won't even respond when i press my controller it's unplayable. How...
  9. All pc games stuttering

in Windows 10 Customization
    All pc games stuttering: Hello Microsoft I've been getting this stuttering on all of my pc games and some say that it was because of Windows. Is there any way to fix this. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-pc-games-stuttering/6c552b7a-85e3-4985-b900-f22d25502250
  10. Stuttering, in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering, in all games.: Hi! I've noticed, that I've recently had, some sort of stuttering, where my game will stutter, every three second. I'm not sure, if it came after I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update. My rig: CPU Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz RAM 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @...