Windows 10: Stuttering in desktop and in game

Discus and support Stuttering in desktop and in game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been experiencing stuttering in the desktop and in game, mouse freezing and walking by itself after the freeze, freezing even when typing text and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vl4dt, Nov 21, 2019.

1. /u/vl4dt Win User

Stuttering in desktop and in game

I’ve been experiencing stuttering in the desktop and in game, mouse freezing and walking by itself after the freeze, freezing even when typing text and then the text comes after a second or two, in game FPS drops from 240+ down to below 30 FPS, a problem I first saw after updating to 1903 and still no fix, sometimes becomes so frequent that the simple task of typing text or dragging objects in the desktop are a pain to use, effectively turning a i9 9900K + 2080 Súper into a useless machine, considering I use this machine for coding and that is my job this is unacceptable, I also have a Fedora 31 in another drive and it doesn’t present any of these issues that’s why I know is a Windows issue. Performed lots of diagnostics and could not find a single driver or hardware issue. November 1909 update didn’t fix it either.

submitted by /u/vl4dt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vl4dt, Nov 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 21, 2019
  3. High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Stuttering in desktop and in game

Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Stuttering in desktop and in game

1. Stuttering in desktop and in game - Similar Threads - Stuttering desktop game

2. Game Stuttering on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Stuttering on PC: Hi I bought a GTX 1070 and I have stuttering af especially on GTA 5 Online and Offline I have 2400 Mhz CL17 16GB Ram and R5 5500 I don't know what to do I run on the least version of driversWhat should I do?...
  3. Weird stuttering in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird stuttering in games: Split from this thread. I'm having weird stuttering in online games only it started like a week ago. my gpu is up to date and I unistalled any programs I downloaded in the past week also I restarted the wifi but its still there and happen once about every 15 minutes Idk where...
  4. Weird stuttering in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird stuttering in games: Split from this thread. I'm having weird stuttering in online games only it started like a week ago. my gpu is up to date and I unistalled any programs I downloaded in the past week also I restarted the wifi but its still there and happen once about every 15 minutes Idk where...
  5. Game stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game stuttering: I recently went to Windows 11 and started having game stutters. I tried everything to fix it, then reverted back to Windows 10. I still have game fps stutter issues. I lowered my graphic settings, checked for updates and everything and it still stutters a lot. Please help....
  6. Game stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game stuttering: I recently went to Windows 11 and started having game stutters. I tried everything to fix it, then reverted back to Windows 10. I still have game fps stutter issues. I lowered my graphic settings, checked for updates and everything and it still stutters a lot. Please help....
  7. Lag/Stuttering on Desktop when no games are running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lag/Stuttering on Desktop when no games are running: Hi, it's my first time posting to ask for help here. Since a couple of weeks, after i updated my Windows 10 Pro, I found out that at random times it things would stutter on desktop, Like videos freezing, mouse & windows stuttering, it lasts for a couple of seconds before...
  8. Mouse Stutter on Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Stutter on Desktop: Every now and then, I have an issue where every 5 to 10 seconds or so if I'm moving my mouse around on the desktop, it'll stick in place for less than a second and then catch back up to where I was moving it. It's more of a minor nuisance than anything else, but I find it...
  9. Game is Stuttering

Game is Stuttering: I play Roblox everyday. My computer is bad, but I upgraded my ram. I have tried lots of optimization and I run the game in high priority. But still I get some stutters every 10 seconds or so. Please help. System Specs- i3 Processor 8GB RAM Intel Graphics 4600 500 GB HDD...
  10. game stutter

game stutter: my games started to severely stutter after the October 2018 update that for me installed sometime in February of 2019. my games did not stutter before the October 2018 update. I do have a bottleneck with my cpu but my cpu was not hovering around 80%-100% during game play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuttering desktop