Windows 10: Stuttering in games after the latest windows update

Discus and support Stuttering in games after the latest windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I updated my notebook Lenovo Legion Y520 for the latest windows update December 19, 2018—KB4483234 (OS Build 17134.472) and after that CSGO is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ericson1998, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Stuttering in games after the latest windows update

Hello. I updated my notebook Lenovo Legion Y520 for the latest windows update December 19, 2018—KB4483234 (OS Build 17134.472) and after that CSGO is very slow and stutters a lot and has low fps. I used a restore point and it helped, everything ran smoothly, but it updated itself anyway after I hibernated it so I am again here with stuttering. I don´t have latest Nvidia drivers though, because they caused low fps too (currently on 417.01, the faulty one I think is 417.35). Do you guys have the same problem? Or do you know how to fix it ideally without using a restore point again?

:)

ericson1998, Dec 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 26, 2018
  3. High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Gilboard Win User

Stuttering in games after the latest windows update

New windows update makes games stutter.

Since the last update my game are having low performance and stutter a lot.

My video drivers are fine and I have already tried everything ppl suggested on this forums and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one that wants this to be fixed.

Gilboard, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Stuttering in games after the latest windows update

1. Stuttering in games after the latest windows update - Similar Threads - Stuttering games latest

2. Games stuttering after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games stuttering after windows update: After the I had updated my windows, I am now experiencing stuttering in games like World of Warships and Final Fantasy 14. My PC was not doing this before the update. I have already checked and made sure that windows, my graphics card and bios were all up to date. I also went...
  3. Games stuttering after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games stuttering after windows update: After the I had updated my windows, I am now experiencing stuttering in games like World of Warships and Final Fantasy 14. My PC was not doing this before the update. I have already checked and made sure that windows, my graphics card and bios were all up to date. I also went...
  4. Games are unplayable after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are unplayable after latest windows update: Hi,My PC was working fine till couple of weeks ago, and I was able to play all the games on my system without any issue. But after the some of the latest windows updates, the gaming performance has become really bad and most of the games are unplayable. I used to get...
  5. Games are unplayable after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are unplayable after latest windows update: Hi,My PC was working fine till couple of weeks ago, and I was able to play all the games on my system without any issue. But after the some of the latest windows updates, the gaming performance has become really bad and most of the games are unplayable. I used to get...
  6. Stuttering in some of the latest games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering in some of the latest games: There is a lot of stuttering in some of the latest games like death stranding etc...how should I fix this issue... My PC Specs are CPU - Ryzen 5 3500 RAM - 8GB GPU - GTX 1060 3GB...
  7. Bluetooth audio stuttering after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio stuttering after latest update: I installed the latest Windows 10 update but now my bluetooth audio devices are stuttering when they play any sound. I tried this with two different devices - a SONOS Move speaker, and the Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds, both have the same issues. Tried doing all the classic...
  8. Windows 10 Stuttering in games and in OS after Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Stuttering in games and in OS after Update: Hi There, After the latest updates within the last 6 weeks my computer now has an unbearable stuttering. In games the frame rates are 150+ but the screen stutters and the OS does the same. When moving my mouse across the screen in windows it sometimes jumps around however...
  9. In Game Sound Stuttering after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Game Sound Stuttering after last update: Hey guys there is some problem after last update when i am playing game the sound is stuttering. So is there any solution to fix this problem ? or is there any way to restore my laptop to before last update so the problem wont happen ?...
  10. Computer stutter after latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stutter after latest update: Hi, all new guy here. Can someone please let me know where I should start looking with this problem. After the last update when there is heavier network activity my computer would start to stutter and lag. I have checked Task Manager when this occurs, usually when I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo legion y520 joyce mayne cpu capped after windows update

2. rust game stuttering