Windows 10: Stuttering/Lag need help

Discus and support Stuttering/Lag need help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so, I built a gaming computer 2 summers ago and never had problems with it until about 4 months ago when it randomly started stuttering. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DmitryLichtensteiger, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Stuttering/Lag need help

Alright so, I built a gaming computer 2 summers ago and never had problems with it until about 4 months ago when it randomly started stuttering. This happens all the time now. I could be listening to music or playing a game or nothing at all. I have tried different things: checking for malware and viruses on three different softwares malewarbytes, super anti spyware, and windows defender none of which detected anything. I have also tried unistalling and wiping my computer and reinstalling everything including windows. The stuttering was still there. I have checked for over heating and nothing was out of place. So then I tested hardware. I tried exchanging ram, graphics cards, and hardrives. None of which had any effect whatsoever. Can anyone help, because I am truly lost.

:)

DmitryLichtensteiger, Apr 19, 2020

2. So slow + lag and stutter

Hey. Recently, my pc 'Alienware 17' have been running very slow on windows 10. I have so many problems now, I dont know what to do.

1. Lag and stutter. It have started to lag and stutter so often, espesially when playing games.

2. Its slower than before, lets say I used 20 seconds to start it up before, now it takes 1 min. not that much, but enough to slow the pc down, loading anything such as internet or just the task manager takes so long time, if I click or press something,
    it comes slow/slower.

3. 100% disk useage 24/7 the main reason must be that the disk gets to 100% for doing almost nothing, ofcourse, it affect my gameplay way to much, and the game's support cant seem to help me either.

I have done so much research, asked for so much help, nothing/noone have helped me with my problem. If ANYONE could help me to just get this lag and stutter away, I would be so great.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

FoxTrot0014, Apr 19, 2020
  3. jkwm87 Win User
    Video lag/stutter, suggetions?

Hey guys,

So ill start with saying I'm not very tech savvy, so sorry if any of this seems simple or stupid. I have windows 10 installed on my pc, its a simple Asus. My settings tell me I have an x64 based processor, a 64bit operating system, and 4gb RAM. Whenever I attempt to play a video file there is really bad stutter and lag in the video. Its more so with files already saved but will happen when streaming videos sometimes as well. Any suggestions on what to do about this?

jkwm87, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Stuttering/Lag need help

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Stuttering/Lag need help

1. Stuttering/Lag need help - Similar Threads - Stuttering Lag need

2. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  3. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  4. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!: I stopped playing fortnite about 2 years ago and it used to work perfectly there were no lagspike/stutters, and i wanted to come back to the game now. I started a solo match and when i got into the game i was getting insane lagspikes/stutters, i was pretty confused, i looked...
  5. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!

INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!: I stopped playing fortnite about 2 years ago and it used to work perfectly there were no lagspike/stutters, and i wanted to come back to the game now. I started a solo match and when i got into the game i was getting insane lagspikes/stutters, i was pretty confused, i looked...
  6. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  7. lag/Stuttering

lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  8. Mystery Lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mystery Lag/Stuttering: My windows 10 computer experiences random lag/stuttering that I have been unable to fix. It manifests in games, google chrome, using Windows Media player, right now as I just typed this, file explorer, etc. I have tried reinstalling my operating system, which did not help. I...
  9. Need help with a lagging issue

Need help with a lagging issue: Hello! I am running windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 14 7504 with a Ryzen 7 4000 CPU, AMD Radeon graphics, and 32GB of RAM. For some reason, my CPU keeps maxing out and it either gets really laggy or freezes for about a minute. If I move the cursor it highlights nearby objects...
  10. my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help

my computer is stuttering/lagging on startup, help: this started a couple of weeks ago, and this is a new SSD with a fresh window 10 installed. its weird because it only happens when i turn on the computer or when i wake the computer up from sleep. the mouse, audio pretty much everything would stutter or lag for a millisecond...