Windows 10: Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?)

Discus and support Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm Back again in this forum.I'm trying to find solution for this annoying problem for so long time. My PC Specs is on 2nd System So When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PauloAgojo277, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?)

Hello guys, I'm Back again in this forum.I'm trying to find solution for this annoying problem for so long time.
    My PC Specs is on 2nd System

So When I'm playing league of legends or osu! my frametime/latency of frames are dropping or like mini lagging (if thats what you call it, idk). It happens when on my Spotify Friends activity someone listen to music, someone is typing me a message on facebook. It also happens when I try to stream osu! or LoL in 60 fps and I got this very noticeable mini stutter/lag throught the whole instance of streaming it in 60 fps, which I know i5-8400 is capable of doing it without that mini lag/stutter. It's really annoying and I can't really find a solution. Hope people here can help me.

Things I've doneUpdated Drivers Audio and Nvidia

:)

PauloAgojo277, Oct 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC boots up (the boot up is quite fast). Instead it starts after an hour or so into the usage. The lagging/stuttering initially starts off as some graphical artefact (the text inside a window of an app starts refreshing - it basically vanishes and then comes back on). The problem is only limited to windows of the apps and Explorer itself. After a while the system starts lagging a lot. The stuttering and graphical anomalies appear periodically and the lag is also in sync with this period.

This is the lag at the most extreme
    IDM Window

Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?) [​IMG]

The lag in sync with the graphical stuttering

A notepad file

Task manager

An interesting thing that happened is that while I opened the Nvidia Control Panel to take a gif recording, the graphical stuttering immediately stopped. The lag however was still there, but very minute. This leads me to wonder whether the glitch/bug is caused due to a bad Nvidia driver.
    The driver in question is 361.75
    I know that the driver is problematic but I also read that the newer version 364.51 is also having a lot of problems.
    This is the Task Manager after I opened and closed Nvidia Control Panel

However, after the problem still came back (in about 10-15 minutes), I tried the same method - opening and closing Control Panel. This time, the problem still persisted. So maybe something else caused the stuttering to go away. I am not sure of the chain of events that precisely led to this so I couldn't recreate it.

This PC is usually very fast, can run most games on ultra-high settings (albeit at my display resolution of 1366x768) and basically runs without a hitch. However, once this sets in, after a while its annoying enough that I restart it. Then the cycle continues.

I am pretty sure that the problem is software related (maybe bad Nvidia drivers?). The graphics card is pretty new (Nov 2015) so I can basically rule out any graphics card problem. The problem however does show up in COD MW 1 (Multiplayer). The entire screen flashes in sync with the same problem. Basically, if I'm playing the game once this flashing of windows starts, the entire screen goes black and comes back on - there is no lag, just the blacking out - completely in sync with the window flashing. The screen refreshing problem exists ONLY with this game, all others run without any problems

Any help? I am ready to roll back to previous graphics drivers but a clean Windows install is a no-no. I have way too much data to backup

starlightt800, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

These are the LatencyMon stats once the problem sets in

The problem didn't come in Safe Mode - although I only used it in Safe Mode for about 10 minutes.

*I usually only needed to input a PIN password to log into Windows. After booting into Safe Mode it started asking for my password (i.e. Microsoft Account password). It hasn't asked for the PIN since then. Is this normal? Maybe some kind of protection enabled by Windows itself?

This is the LatencyMon stat without the problem:

As you can see it says that my system has no latency issues.
    Something weird I noticed is the difference in Measured and Reported CPU speeds - 1 Mhz and 3293 Mhz. How is that possible? I mean will the system even boot up if that's the actual speed?
    There is also and Indepth Latency Test shortcut created by the program. Do I need to run it as well?

starlightt800, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Chriso747 Win User

Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?)

Windows 10 game stuttering

Not sure what game(s) are giving you this problem but in my experience with Flt. Sim X, I have had similar issues of stuttering and game lag/freezes. Hopefully, others will call in with their suggestions, but mine are:

1. For stutters: happens when my processor isn't able to read/process the graphics on the screen fast enough. As I approach high density airports, I get minor stutters and drop in frame rates. This is due to low processor speed (3.4 ghz) and depleted
    VAS (Virtual Address Space) required to run the game smoothly. Solution: increasing my frames to Unlimited helps, but turning down graphics, moving vehicles, etc. brings the most gain.

2. For lag/freezes: I don't experience this, as I make sure that when I boot the computer, I allow up to 15 minutes for it to fully load, with its Services, internet checking, etc. However, when you get a delay or a freeze for some time, then you need
    to see what Service, Update, System checking, etc. is going on in the background. Sometimes, Anti-virus software could suddenly start a check or scheduled task could kick in. All these need to be disabled, or at least you need to find out what is starting
    while you are gaming, by checking in your Task Manager. This will give you some idea of what is going on in the background.

Hope you make some progress with this.

Chriso747, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?)

1. Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?) - Similar Threads - Stuttering Lagging games

2. Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games: Hello, I recently built a PC for myself, and for some reason when I download any high-capacity game, my PC starts stuttering, lagging, and my SSD usage goes to 100%. I already tried to TRIM the disk and reseat it in the NVMe slot, but it hasn’t worked. I think next I might...
  3. Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games: Hello, I recently built a PC for myself, and for some reason when I download any high-capacity game, my PC starts stuttering, lagging, and my SSD usage goes to 100%. I already tried to TRIM the disk and reseat it in the NVMe slot, but it hasn’t worked. I think next I might...
  4. Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.: I noticed my reg, games I play on face book their resolution change, my screen is reg then when I click on the game to play it's the size of a small notebook, I do all the updates check drivers' updates, did as others quoted to do, so I am at a loss here, everything did work...
  5. Stutters and lags in the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  6. Stutters and lags in the game

Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  7. My laptop lags when it loads things in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop lags when it loads things in: So basically when my laptop loads something in it lags. For example when I am playing a game and I shoot it freezes for about 7 seconds and then it unfreezes and after I shoot it doesn't lag because the gun effects are loaded in and this happens with everything, when I type...
  8. My laptop lags when it loads things in

My laptop lags when it loads things in: So basically when my laptop loads something in it lags. For example when I am playing a game and I shoot it freezes for about 7 seconds and then it unfreezes and after I shoot it doesn't lag because the gun effects are loaded in and this happens with everything, when I type...
  9. Lag/Stuttering on Desktop when no games are running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lag/Stuttering on Desktop when no games are running: Hi, it's my first time posting to ask for help here. Since a couple of weeks, after i updated my Windows 10 Pro, I found out that at random times it things would stutter on desktop, Like videos freezing, mouse & windows stuttering, it lasts for a couple of seconds before...
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches: I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Game stutter when things load