Windows 10: Stuttering sound from external speakers

Discus and support Stuttering sound from external speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and have found that when I play any audio through external speakers I get a stuttering sound, which does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NickDeacon1, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Stuttering sound from external speakers

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and have found that when I play any audio through external speakers I get a stuttering sound, which does not happen if I use the internal speakers. I have speakers plugged into a docking station (Dell D6000) and I have tried to update the drivers and firmware to the dock, but it has no effect. Oddly enough I have a USB wireless mouse plugged into the dock, and if I wiggle the mouse it improves the sound! The easy answer of course is that its a Dell problem, but If I try with a Bluetooth speaker I get exactly the same problem, so it would appear to be a hardware or windows 10 issue. Anyone had the same problem and found a fix?

Nick

:)

NickDeacon1, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Stuttering speakers

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay in getting to your post. It may be possible that this is caused by your audio frequency not matching with your speakers. Follow these steps and see if they resolve the stuttering in Internet Explorer:

1. Right-click speaker icon in taskbar.
    2. Choose Playback Devices and select your Sound Device.
    3. Right-click your Sound Device and select
      Properties
      then click Advanced tab.
    4. Switch to 24 bit, 96000 Hz under Default Format.
    5. You're also welcome to try the other frequency to check if the others can help.

Reply back if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Dec 6, 2019
  3. No sound from external speakers

Hi,

It can be an outdated or faulty driver that is causing your external speaker not to work. For us to provide the appropriate solution to your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the external speaker detected in the Device Manager?
    • Is there any error messages that you are getting?
    • Have you tried connecting the speaker to another device?

You can visit this
    link
    on how to update drivers in Windows 10. If the error still occurs, we also suggest that you download the troubleshooter and run it from this link: Fix
    sound problems

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Dec 6, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Stuttering sound from external speakers

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

Stuttering sound from external speakers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Stuttering sound from external speakers

1. Stuttering sound from external speakers - Similar Threads - Stuttering sound external

2. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  3. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  4. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no sound from lenovo ideacentre external speakers

no sound from lenovo ideacentre external speakers: no sound from sub woofer when plugged into lenovo all in one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-lenovo-ideacentre-external-speakers/f29bfb40-f830-41fe-9912-d8dc9899d8e9
  6. No Sound from Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound from Speakers: Realteck Sound does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speakers/720ccda7-6688-414c-9f91-8b2817678d2d
  7. no sound external speakers

no sound external speakers: Hiall Gary here, No sound on speakers they work, have checked everywhere volume not muted, troubleshoot says unplugged its not, have uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing any suggestions. Was working week ago stopped for about 5 hours then was working couple days later...
  8. Issue with External Speakers/sound

Issue with External Speakers/sound: I updated Windows 10 today and lost the External speakers and sound on my desktop computer. I have plugged in and unplugged in my external speakers and the computer does not recognize them. Everything was working prior to the Windows 10 update. Any suggests on how to fix?...
  9. no sound from speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound from speaker: today i put new motherboard. new processor , new window10 pro from microsoft. but no sound from speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speaker/8abd7dd7-e612-4081-ab79-a9e37a6ca32a
  10. Sound in external speakers

Sound in external speakers: My external speakers will suddenly not work. Last time that happened they said in the store that the speakers was set up to the NVIDA gforce graphics Card. But I dit not make any changes. To day it happened again. There is suddenly no sound coming out of the speakers......