Windows 10: Stuttering when charging

Discus and support Stuttering when charging in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This never happened before, when I was playing games with the laptop charging, it's so smooth for the first 15minutes, and then it suddenly starts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jonathan Zega, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Stuttering when charging

This never happened before, when I was playing games with the laptop charging, it's so smooth for the first 15minutes, and then it suddenly starts to stuttering and lagging so much it feels like from 60fps to 5-8fps, I don't know what's wrong this is never happened before, the game I was playing is not a heavy game, I've tried to sfc scan and something appear and fixed, i thought the problem was done but it doesn't, please help me

:)

Jonathan Zega, Apr 2, 2023

2. Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop
    there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery

what should my next steps be?

- fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged?

- charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery?

- suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Stuttering when charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Stuttering when charging

Charging stuck at 70%

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Stuttering when charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Stuttering when charging

1. Stuttering when charging - Similar Threads - Stuttering charging

2. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  3. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  4. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag: First, my specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.4291 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0...
  5. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag: First, my specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.4291 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0...
  6. Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is on charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is on charging: Hi, I have been facing this problem for the past few days. Whenever I try to play something on my Bluetooth headphones, the sound stutters, sound gets consistently cut off, and then plays in an irregular faster speed. The problem goes away when I put away the laptop from...
  7. Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is on charging

Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is on charging: Hi, I have been facing this problem for the past few days. Whenever I try to play something on my Bluetooth headphones, the sound stutters, sound gets consistently cut off, and then plays in an irregular faster speed. The problem goes away when I put away the laptop from...
  8. Stuttering when charging

Stuttering when charging: This never happened before, when I was playing games with the laptop charging, it's so smooth for the first 15minutes, and then it suddenly starts to stuttering and lagging so much it feels like from 60fps to 5-8fps, I don't know what's wrong this is never happened before,...
  9. Bluetooth gets all Choppy, Laggy, Stutters and after awhile, disconnects whenever I charge...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth gets all Choppy, Laggy, Stutters and after awhile, disconnects whenever I charge...: The problem is what it says on the tin, I don't know when it started happening but after I found the correlation of the problem, that's where I found that whenever I charge my laptop the bluetooth just gets buggy and disconnects if it continues. After that happens I can't...
  10. Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is not on charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is not on charging: Hi, I have been facing this problem for the past few days. Whenever I try to play something on my bluetooth headphones, the sound stutters, sound gets consistently cut off, and then plays in an irregular faster speed. The problem goes away when I put the laptop for charging....