Windows 10: Stuttering when opening some programs

Discus and support Stuttering when opening some programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! First of all sorry for my bad english. I have heavy stuttering for a couple of seconds when i open some programs and i noticed that this could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Skapi8, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Skapi8 Win User

Stuttering when opening some programs

Hello! First of all sorry for my bad english.
    I have heavy stuttering for a couple of seconds when i open some programs and i noticed that this could be related to hardware accelleration.
    I think this because I had this problem on almost every program but i magically solved it when i disabled "hardware accelleration" where i could. In this way i was able to fix the problem for spotify, chrome, playnite, blizzard launcher and so on.
    The main problem is that i can't disable it on everything, so at the moment i still have stutter when i open almost everything (for example nvidia shadowplay by alt+z, apps like dropbox, netflix and so on).
    How can i fix this?
    My setup:
    Windows 10 Pro 64
    Intel Core i7 8700k
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F
    Nvidia Gtx 1080 (Gigabyte GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD)
    G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb
    Samsung MZ-V7E500BW SSD 970 EVO
    Corsair RM750X 750Watt
    Corsair Hydro H115i Pro

All drivers are up to date, i tried also to change power plan, test without any open app, swap physix in Nvidia control panel and a lot of other things before find that the issue is caused probably from hardware acceleration

:)

Skapi8, Dec 31, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 31, 2018
  3. FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Stuttering when opening some programs

Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Stuttering when opening some programs

1. Stuttering when opening some programs - Similar Threads - Stuttering opening programs

2. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs: I was away for a month and when I came back, my computer started stuttering every time when I open faceit anticheat. Initially I thought it may be a faceit program problem so I wasn't very concerned, thinking the next update it will be resolved. But then I created a Plex...
  3. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs: I was away for a month and when I came back, my computer started stuttering every time when I open faceit anticheat. Initially I thought it may be a faceit program problem so I wasn't very concerned, thinking the next update it will be resolved. But then I created a Plex...
  4. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When Software is open some key of the keyboard works when i close the program some keys...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Software is open some key of the keyboard works when i close the program some keys...: So my friend has this problem you know there is thing called FiveM for GTAV costum servers when he opens that program his L key works on FiveM, Discord, Chrome when he closes the FiveM L key doesn't work anymore so if anyone got same problem or solution pls help us...
  6. Some programs not opening/crashing

Some programs not opening/crashing: I recently got a new laptop and it has been working great. However, sometimes asus's armoury crate and realtek audio console would open but crash a second later. I have tried updating both but the problem persists...
  7. Win10 system stutters when programs not minimized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 system stutters when programs not minimized: Hello, I got a problem and I need some help. I got a new pc, it has a Ryzen 5 3550H, 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. I did a clean Win10 install. The problem is I get full system stutters when multitasking, but only if I don't minimize programs. For example, let's say I open 5...
  8. Some programs are not opening

Some programs are not opening: Some programs such as the task manager or Google Chrome refuse to open under any circumstance. Task manager can be opened but i have to press the windows key then type task manager and run it as admin from there. Google chrome stopped working completely and i uninstalled it...
  9. Some programs won't open!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs won't open!?: So, I just updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10, aaand, some games/programs open normally, and others just won't show up on my screen, i tried updating drivers/Nvidia drivers/Visual C++, turn windows protection off, but nothing. After I installed Visual C++ 2015/2017/2019, one...
  10. Some programs on my desktop will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs on my desktop will not open: I have a HP Pavillion Elite HPE desktop computer that has had Windows 10 on it since the roll out. In the last few weeks some of the programs will not open from the desktop. Edge being one of them. You can right click on the icon and select open but nothing happens. If I...