Windows 10: Stuttering when playing music

Discus and support Stuttering when playing music in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a sound problem and I don't know what to do about it. Once in a few Windows launches, the sound often stutters. What could be the reason?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarDK, Apr 22, 2020.

1. MarDK Win User

Stuttering when playing music

Hi.

I have a sound problem and I don't know what to do about it. Once in a few Windows launches, the sound often stutters. What could be the reason?

System: Windows 10 1909.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5, latest bios F50a

RAM: 2x8GB Team Group Night Hawk 3600MHzset in bios 3400MHz

GPU: MSI RX 5700 Gaming X

SSDs: System: ADATA SX8200 PRO 512GB M.2, Seagate Barracuda 120 500GB SATA3

Power supply: Corsair HX850

It helps restarting the computer but sometimes you have to do it twice. I work on Firefox, but it's the same for others.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong? Audio and chipset drivers also the latest.

:)

MarDK, Apr 22, 2020
  2. DHnMMF Win User

Music and Videos stutter when playing back

TheVeterans,

Stuttering when playing music [​IMG]

One photo is with Wifi on(Bottom) and the other with Wifi off(Top). I see this gives us some info as to what is causing the latency. There is some terminology in here I am not familiar with. What do you think? What is the next step?

DHnMMF, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Lumia 930 Denim update - Bluetooth music stutter

Having had a battle with stuttering sound tonight here you have my conclusions using Nokia 920:

• Stuttering only occured when playing music with Bluetooth connection
    • NO stuttering playing music via phone's speakers (i.e Bluetooth OFF)
    • This should prove that: Music being played isn't corrupted in any way (Ripped my own cd's for testing this)
    • This is MAYBE a Bluetooth only-issue (but my tests indicate other...)

To make things more complicated, here's my (short) story:

I earlier had a small BT-speaker that worked flawlessly with my Nokia 920. Never had any stuttering at all.

Then I bought a new BT-speaker...

It could be that the new patch arrived (and got installed) before I bought the new speaker, and that's the reason why the stuttering is appearing.

But now I'm getting the stuttering but I have ruled out some more conditions for when the stutterings occurs. Some of them seems to contradict others in this post - but this is what's happening to me!

This is what's happening with Bluetooth connected and wifi turned off :

• Streaming audio from my NAS to the phone = No stuttering at all
    • Streaming audio from Swedish public radio(I.E. random website) = No stuttering at all
    So my conclusion is that BT COULD be working as intended (at least for me) but I get the stuttering ONLY when I play stuff stored on the phone

StargazerKrakatau, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Stuttering when playing music

Music and Videos stutter when playing back

I would run LatencyMon while playing Spotify with WiFi ON. Mine shows no issues while playing Spotify with WiFi ON after running a full song and go to next song. I also use a Bluetooth mouse on top of the WiFi.

theveterans, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Stuttering when playing music

1. Stuttering when playing music - Similar Threads - Stuttering playing music

2. Pc stuttering when playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuttering when playing audio: I have noticed that whenever i play audio on spotify or a game in the background, and browse the web. My pc sometimes stutters and for a brief moment the audio becomes distorted.How can i fix this?...
  3. Pc stuttering when playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuttering when playing audio: I have noticed that whenever i play audio on spotify or a game in the background, and browse the web. My pc sometimes stutters and for a brief moment the audio becomes distorted.How can i fix this?...
  4. Random Stuttering When playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Stuttering When playing games: While playing games, I experience significant FPS drops, resulting in stuttering that lasts for around 10 seconds before returning to normal. I suspect this issue began after a Windows update. I attempted to troubleshoot the Windows update, and although it detected an error...
  5. Random Stuttering When playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Stuttering When playing games: While playing games, I experience significant FPS drops, resulting in stuttering that lasts for around 10 seconds before returning to normal. I suspect this issue began after a Windows update. I attempted to troubleshoot the Windows update, and although it detected an error...
  6. Play music when afk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play music when afk?: Is there a way to play music when afk? Any useful apps? submitted by /u/Drumstix360 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyq4ui/play_music_when_afk/
  7. Video and Audio stuttering while playing music, videos and videogames

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video and Audio stuttering while playing music, videos and videogames: 3 weeks ago I noticed that my computer started stuttering for a second or less while playing music, videos and videogames. Video and audio will stutter for a brief period of time randomly almost always 5 minutes after I begin playing media or randomly every 20, 30, 60 minutes...
  8. Playing music over Bluetooth stutters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playing music over Bluetooth stutters: Hullo, I have bought an Ultimate Ears Blast smart Speaker, it works fine paired with my Android phone but over Windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop I get a hestitation/ stutter when playing music (WMA files) with Windows Media. This happens every few seconds on every track. These...
  9. Delay when playing music

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delay when playing music: Hi everyone, I have a slight delay when playing music after I haven't touched my laptop for a few minutes. It's as if the HDD goes to sleep and it has to spin up again before it can play the file. Now I know getting a SSD would solve my problem, but I can't afford that...
  10. Music and Videos stutter when playing back

in Windows 10 Support
    Music and Videos stutter when playing back: Hello all, This has been an issue that has been going on for quite some time now. It is weird because it seems to be pretty inconsistent as to when the issue happens. I will do my best to describe my issue. When I listen to spotify there is a stuttering noise, like a CD...