Windows 10: Stutters in windows 10, Not hardware related, windows 10 unusable

Discus and support Stutters in windows 10, Not hardware related, windows 10 unusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I´ve been struggling with this issue for several days now. The symptom: Extreme frame rate drops in windows no matter if anything at all is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Louis-Boba, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Stutters in windows 10, Not hardware related, windows 10 unusable

Hello,

I´ve been struggling with this issue for several days now.

The symptom: Extreme frame rate drops in windows no matter if anything at all is running or not. Even if all programs are shut i will still experience those immense lags. Example: Mouse stops moving for a frame or two and jumps. In games the frame rate drops to zero several times each minute. In Edge browser or google chrome or windows media player when playing sounds the sound warps and stutters equally as the frame rate.

Now here is the thing , i had this exact issue on my last PC too and went back to windows 7 where the problem did not exist.

However i thought it would be nice to buy new hardware so i built a new faster pc and installed windows 10 because installing windows 7 failed for the simple reason that the mouse and keyboard did not work, no matter what usb bios settings i used and what usb ports.

I performed a full clean install of windows 10 twice now , with no luck. I tried all versions of windows including updating to the absolute newest one. I tried removing all the other software on the Pc and also no luck. Updated all drivers that i know of. No luck. Tried disabling one or another process in windows. No luck. I know this Pc would work flawlessly in windows 7 since i cant make that work im stuck with the broken windows 10. It also does not work in the windows version 1607. Not in the 1903 one either.

I am so frustrated im close to hacking a nuclear bomb launch site and just blowing up the whole planet.

Please don´t tell me to do any generic things like turning off hardware acceleration, thats nonsense and unrelated and yes all the generic stuff has been tried by me before and yes ive made a thread about this before for my old pc but the support guy was no help at all.

I really don´t think it matters but here are my specs:

Gigabyte b450m gaming V1 Motherboard

AMD RX5700Xt Mech OC

16Gb Viper 3733Mhz Ram the stuttering is not related to high mhz ram, i tested it with low 2333mhz settings

Ryzen 5 3600x

Samsung 840 Evo SSD

Some be Quiet Silver efficiency PSU with 500Watts

Currently 1607 windows 10, 14393.0. Also issues with 1903 when i tried it.

Logitech mouse and keyboard that always work in bios but not in windows 7 installation process and yes they also work in windows 10.

Do i have some high spikes in any usage at all ? No , neither gpu, ram, cpu, harddrive or anything else. All i can tell you is that the latency of the cpu is super high during these spikes.

The same issue also occured on my previous system which had an i5 4460, As rock B84, R9280x power color , SSD 840 Evo but was also run on a WD HDD before upgrading to the ssd,8gb 1600mhz ram. Issue also only occured in windows 10, whilst windows 7 ran great.

It sometimes runs ok on windows for a few hours, I have no idea why the issue sometimes is there and sometimes not. Perhaps related to a windows process that periodically runs.

Im not the only one with a problem like this.

:)

Louis-Boba, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 21, 2019
  4. night.fox Win User

Stutters in windows 10, Not hardware related, windows 10 unusable

Windows 10, Chrome audio stutters

do take note that there is no offical drivers yet for windows 10 with any hardware. Windows 10 is still at beta stage so expect bugs.

night.fox, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Stutters in windows 10, Not hardware related, windows 10 unusable

1. Stutters in windows 10, Not hardware related, windows 10 unusable - Similar Threads - Stutters hardware related

2. Windows 10 stutters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stutters: I am fed up already by these stutters.I used to have stutters ~1 year ago and I went back to windows 7 from windows 10 and there were no more stutters. I tried different soutions to fix these stutters. Even when I download clean windows 10 from official microsoft web and try...
  3. Stutter on Windows 10 and 'possible' relation with the Event Viewer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stutter on Windows 10 and 'possible' relation with the Event Viewer.: Hello! I'm having some random stutters on Windows 10, I can not relate them with anything except for some Security audits on the Event Viewer. The iDs of these events are 4798 proccess name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe, 4624 and 4672, they have the same date in which the...
  4. Windows 10 is unusable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is unusable.: How do I switch to apple or Linux??? Widnows 10 is the last Windows I will ever subject myself to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-unusable/7045711e-7319-40af-b611-758f64ba3946
  5. URGENT!!! UNUSABLE WINDOWS 10!

URGENT!!! UNUSABLE WINDOWS 10!: Hi microsoft, This is very urgent. When I log on to Windows 10 Insider build Dev Channel, My computer fails to boot properly, I face a black screen and various reboots do nothing. ALl keyboard shortcuts refuse to work except Ctrl+Alt+Del. The login screen loads correctly,...
  6. Stuttering in windows 10

Stuttering in windows 10: After i recently updated the windows framework drivers from windows update, my laptop seems to randomly start stutter. During which, everything, even the mouse pointer seems to experience some kind of lag. It doesn't go away until I've restarted the device. Any and all...
  7. Windows 10 Stutter

Windows 10 Stutter: Okay so im having major issues with micro stuttering every few seconds on my computer. I have tried everything, including a complete gpu drive uninstall and a system referesh. I have even ran a bunch of scans and nothing was found. Not sure what to do now.... Pc specs...
  8. Windows 10 stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuttering: So I built a PC for my girlfriend as a christmas present and it was running without any problems all through January. Lately it started having problems, more like "just" stuttering. Cursor going ham, jittering over the whole Monitor, sometimes directions the Mouse wasnt mkved...
  9. Windows 10 literally unusable

Windows 10 literally unusable: So basically Windows 10 is unusable in most capacities. It can not open Microsoft Edge anymore, it just crashes. It can not open SETTINGS anymore, as that crashes as well. It can not UNINSTALL programs anymore. It can not RESET the PC using the BUILT-IN feature of Defender...
  10. Windows 10 stuttering.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stuttering.: I made a post about this earlier, but it is old so creating a new post. I have been running windows 7 for the past several months without any issues. But i thought these stuttering bugs had been fixed so i installed windows 10 again. But nope, still as bad as it was before...