Windows 10: Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan

Discus and support Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not able to hardwire my PC with ethernet so it has to be connected on WIFI. Currently paying for 300mbps but I'm getting around 10-30mbps whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by donut47, Aug 16, 2022.

1. donut47 Win User

Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan

I'm not able to hardwire my PC with ethernet so it has to be connected on WIFI. Currently paying for 300mbps but I'm getting around 10-30mbps whenever I run speedtest.net. While playing videos or in a conference call, it auto-freezes every 15-20 minutes for 5-10 seconds.I've already triedrestarting the modem, boosters, PC itself multiple timescleared cache and cookiesforgotten all networks on PC and relogcontacted my provider Telus update driversUnfortunately still no luck. The problem happened shortly after I got the Telus 6 cylinder installed at my home, replacing the boosters. At this poi

:)

donut47, Aug 16, 2022
  2. jimhans75 Win User

Slow Download Speed

Prior to upgrade to Windows 10 my download speed was 70Mbps. After upgrade, averages 30Mbps. My son's laptop running win 8.1 gets the 70Mbps, my tablet gets the same. I have tried suggestions found on the internet,turning off automatic upgrades, changing
    reserved bandwidth in Qs Packet Scheduler. Didn't help. Any suggestions??

jimhans75, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Download speed slower than upload speed

My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds (10Mbps) compared to upload speeds (30Mbps). On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan.

This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi.

I have changed the Windows update settings that limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates.

I have changed the NetworkThrottlingIndex registry setting to ffffff.

Is there some other Windows setting I can find and change, to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

Joshua Koz, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan

Download speeds are low compared to speedtests

I have a problem with download speeds on my device. downloading updates, games, new drivers etc sees my download at around 10-20mbps with occasional spike up to 30mbps which is strange given that I have simetrical 300mbps fiber conenction.

I know how it works however what I don't know what could limit speeds on my machine, which is connected via ethernet cable to my home router, the same one other PCs are connected to. What makes me believe that there's problem with my machines settings (?) is that on the other PC, that is also connected via cable, I have no issues with getting real download speed of 200mbps+. Connection's speed tested with different speedtest sites shows 270-295 mbps both ways, so I thought that maybe my hdd was the bottleneck since I've been downloading files on it lately but that's not the case, when downloading onto nvme ssd I get simmilar speeds. Can't say exactly what my upload speeds are when actually uploading some files but YT seems to recieve videos from me at around 200mbps.

It's not life or death situation but get's annyoing from time to time.

TheJimmy1300, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan

1. Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan - Similar Threads - Sub 30mbps Download

2. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  3. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  4. I have 500mbps but I was only getting 30mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 500mbps but I was only getting 30mbps: I followed another thread similar to this and now I am getting 5mbps. Thread-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sub-30mbps-pc-download-speed-when-i-have-300mbps/7f8ef9fb-d44d-4c72-8954-66831406b1bc . And now I do not know how to fix my current situation....
  5. I have 500mbps but I was only getting 30mbps

I have 500mbps but I was only getting 30mbps: I followed another thread similar to this and now I am getting 5mbps. Thread-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sub-30mbps-pc-download-speed-when-i-have-300mbps/7f8ef9fb-d44d-4c72-8954-66831406b1bc . And now I do not know how to fix my current situation....
  6. I have 500mbps but I was only getting 30mbps

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan: I'm not able to hardwire my PC with ethernet so it has to be connected on WIFI. Currently paying for 300mbps but I'm getting around 10-30mbps whenever I run speedtest.net. While playing videos or in a conference call, it auto-freezes every 15-20 minutes for 5-10 seconds.I've...
  8. Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sub-30mbps PC Download Speed When I Have 300mbps Plan: I'm not able to hardwire my PC with ethernet so it has to be connected on WIFI. Currently paying for 300mbps but I'm getting around 10-30mbps whenever I run speedtest.net. While playing videos or in a conference call, it auto-freezes every 15-20 minutes for 5-10 seconds.I've...
  9. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  10. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...