Windows 10: Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa

Discus and support Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So this has been bugging me ever since Windows 10 rolled out in our country. If I recall correctly, in windows 7, folder sorting could be independent.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hangtime21, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa

So this has been bugging me ever since Windows 10 rolled out in our country. If I recall correctly, in windows 7, folder sorting could be independent. If I sorted a sub folder for date modified and the main folder was originally sorted for name, the sorting of the sub folder wouldn't change the main folder. In windows 10 though, if I change one, the other one follows suit. Is there any way around this?

:)

hangtime21, Aug 17, 2016
  2. asem305 Win User

By Company name sorting ?

i doubt it as the phone will only allow you to sort by name " first, last name or vice versa".

asem305, Aug 17, 2016
  3. auto sync pictures from between phone and folder on computer.

Very simple. I have "all" selected in my sync options, which means that changes made on my phone should mirror changes made in my monitored and zune folders, and vice/versa. This is not happening.

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa

1. Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa - Similar Threads - Sub folders sort

2. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted: I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell. So I investigated and the DriverStore...
  3. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  4. Sort parent folders based on sub folder date modified order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort parent folders based on sub folder date modified order: When selecting Onedrive local storage to sort by date modified, it seems Windows take in to consideration only the immediate layer. 0th layer I guess. how to trigger parent folder modified date when the modification happens higher levels where layer is greater than 0....
  5. Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa

Folder called "Start-up" is actually called "Startup" - or vice versa: Here's a weird thing I've just noticed. There's a folder in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs called "Start-up". In contains, as you'd expect, things which startup when you log in. But if you go to this folder in Windows Explorer or a command prompt, you'll...
  6. Sorting files inside sub folders

Sorting files inside sub folders: I have a bunch of pdf's in 29 folders. And I need them to stay in those folders but I also need to see all the files inside these folders sorted by date added/modified. Is this possible? Almost as if I could search "pdf:date modified" in the folder containing all 29 sub...
  7. Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...

Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...: I have a folder named Music, with several subfolders and the subfolder has further sub folders. e.g. Music - The rest - Artie Shaw. For some reason the "Artie Shaw" folder copies itself to "Music" (from "The rest") and moves a few of the files from Artie Shaw. The original...
  8. sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone...: Dear MS Expert, I've done a main folder moved (as per advice) over to OneDrive production past 2 days (Sep 11th) as backup prior to Windows 10 upgrade. I'm pretty sure all the sub folders & sub files does exist upon the move & this has been double triple etc checks the...
  9. Sort FOLDERS

Sort FOLDERS: Hi everyone !!! a very good day to U. so I wanted to sort out my files and folders, where I found out that there is no way to sort my FOLDERS(!). with files like pics or docs it was very easy.I even added tags to some of my pics so that i can sort them according to my...
  10. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...