Windows 10: sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone...

Discus and support sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear MS Expert, I've done a main folder moved (as per advice) over to OneDrive production past 2 days (Sep 11th) as backup prior to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Farid75, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Farid75 Win User

sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone...

Dear MS Expert,

I've done a main folder moved (as per advice) over to OneDrive production past 2 days (Sep 11th) as backup prior to Windows 10 upgrade. I'm pretty sure all the sub folders & sub files does exist upon the move & this has been double triple etc checks the same day to ensure it's there. However, I'm very surprised to see the Main Folder is now turned up to be a Shortcut instead with ALL the sub folders & sub files gone missing!! These were my hardly worked & earned data/ files/ analysis/ personal files etc etc which disappeared within a day we're talking about here!!

Our internal IT people seems clueless therefore I'm here to seek for your kind expertise. OneDrive being promoted as our company trusted medium for our backup data therefore no more hard disk to be use in the future BUT, this unexpected result seriously gave me a heart attack & I cant stop screaming the whole day !!

Question: How can you help me restore all this files please?? I've tried Recycle Bin & many other options suggested from over the articles but useless!

:)

Farid75, Sep 12, 2019

2. sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 picture sub-folders gone

I keep all of my pictures in several sub files. After I upgraded to windows 10 my initial set of sub folders are in the my pictures folder but all of the sub folders beyond that are gone. The pictures will only display by date. How do I get them to display
    by folder again.

JohnShoemaker, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone...

sub Folder for outlook

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Where are you trying to create a sub folder is it on mail app or other application?
    If it is mail app, unfortunately there is no option to create a sub folder in Mail app, I would suggest you to share your feedback in Windows Feedback app.

Arul_D, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. sub folders & sub files from personal main folder turned to Shortcut with all contents gone... - Similar Threads - sub folders sub

2. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  3. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  4. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wondershare526 folder and all its sub files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wondershare526 folder and all its sub files: why i am not allowed to delete the wondershare526 folder in the registry? i have deleted all other wondershare files from the registry. please help clarify, thank you....
  6. Moving files to a sub-folder

Moving files to a sub-folder: When I try to move a file from a folder to a sub-folder, it puts the file in the sub-folder, but remains in the original folder also. I've gone to Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Folders > and reset the folder options to default but that does nothing. This must...
  7. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  8. Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...

Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...: I have a folder named Music, with several subfolders and the subfolder has further sub folders. e.g. Music - The rest - Artie Shaw. For some reason the "Artie Shaw" folder copies itself to "Music" (from "The rest") and moves a few of the files from Artie Shaw. The original...
  9. find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders

find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders: find & remove all duplicates files, sub-folders & folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-remove-all-duplicates-files-sub-folders/ad64d789-7028-4873-8e1b-2605dc973305"
  10. Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa: So this has been bugging me ever since Windows 10 rolled out in our country. If I recall correctly, in windows 7, folder sorting could be independent. If I sorted a sub folder for date modified and the main folder was originally sorted for name, the sorting of the sub folder...